The Bachalpsee is a picturesque little mountain lake above Grindelwald in the Bernese Alps, Switzerland.
The mountain lake in the Grindelwald First area is divided in two by a dam and lies at an altitude of 2265 meters above sea level. While the Bachalpsee is fed by several nameless mountain streams, the Milibach flows out of the lake. The mountain lake is located in a nature reserve of national importance and is surrounded by lush alpine meadows.
From its bank there is a wonderful panorama of the mountains further south, covered with eternal ice, including the Wetterhorn (3692 m), Schreckhorn (4078 m) and Finsteraarhorn (4274 m). It is one of the best known natural tourist attractions in Switzerland.
Access : Coordinates: 46.669444, 8.023333 / The Bachalpsee located in the mountains above Grindelwald in the Bernese Oberland at 2265 meters A.S.L.
- The idyllic Bachalpsee extends over an area of eight hectares. At an altitude of 2265 meters.From the First, the mountain lake can be reached on foot in less than an hour.
- The 6-seater gondola takes you comfortably from Grindelwald to the First mountain station with its breathtaking panoramic view. From First the path leads gently up and down to the Bachalpsee.
- The view from the Bachalpsee into the Bernese Oberland mountains with the peaks of the Wetterhorn, Finsteraarhorn and Schreckhorn makes it a popular photo subject.
- The hike from First, which can be reached by cable car, to Lake Bachalpsee is a popular hike in the region and is part of the First – Faulhorn – Schynige Platte hiking route.
- Hikes from the starting point at Bachalpsee: Bachalpsee – Faulhorn – Bussalp 3.10h / Bachalpsee – Hireleni – Feld – Bussalp 2.10h / Bachalpsee – Waldspitz – Bort 1.30h / Bachalpsee – Hiendertellti – Grosse Scheidegg 4.10h
Go next : Grindelwald is a mountain village in Bernese Oberland in Swiss Alps. Grindelwald is a ski resort. Also a starting point for Eiger and Wetterhorn tails.