Cazorla is a small mountain town and a consisting of the main town and several hamlets (aldeas) and individual farms community in the south of the province of Jaen in the autonomous region of Andalusia ( Spain ) .
The place is recognized as Historic-artistic. Cazorla is located on the western edge of the Sierras de Cazorla Natural Park, Segura y Las Villas at an altitude of about 750 to 850 m above sea level. the largest protected area in Spain, the second in Europe and declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO since 1983
The center with its winding streets and small squares reminds of the Middle Ages and Its old town is declared an Asset of Cultural Interest
Sierra de Cazorla The town also produces an excellent olive oil, under the designation of origin Sierra de Cazorla.
Nothing more and nothing less than 200 thousand hectares make up the Natural Park of Cazorla declared in the 80s as a World Biosphere Reserve due to its immense biodiversity and natural wealth.
Access : Coordinates:37.9, -3 / By car rom the southeast of Andalusia, Murcia and Alicante, it is accessed by the A-92 N until the vicinity of Baza where it is linked to the district A-315 that leads to Pozo Alcon. This same route can also be used for visitors coming from Almeria and Granada, although they can also arrive via the A-44 and at the junction of the Venta de la Nava, take the A-308 towards Iznalloz, and the A -4001 to Pinar, deviate later on the A-401, in the direction of Torre Cardela and Guadahortuna from here to Jodar (A-401). continue towards Ubeda and about 3 kms. We find a junction that we will take in the direction of Peal de Becerro (A6105) and from here, to Cazorla on the A-319.
/ from the Valencian Community the most convenient and fastest route is the N-430, which leads us to Albacete, where we will connect with the N-322 in the direction of Genave and Ubeda./
/By train :
Cazorla has no train station, being the closest, by importance, that of Linares-Baeza, although there are others of lesser importance, such as Larva Station or Jodar Station, which are also in the area, but still a few kilometers away. Cazorla
- Castle of the Yedra de Cazorla and Museum of Arts , The castle of the Yedra is located in the lower part of the hill of Salvatierra ,It is a construction that dates from the Berber era, although it was finished as we know it today by the Castiliansin ingothic style. .In 1993 he became a Spanish cultural monument (RI-51-0007901). Inside It houses, museums for urban history and folklore. the Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares del Alto Guadalquivir.
- Natural Park Sierras de Cazorla , The Natural Park of the Sierras de Cazorla, Segura and Las Villas is a natural space located in the northeast of the province of Jaen (Spain) and has an extension of 214,300 ha, it is the largest protected area in Spain and the second of Europe. It has been declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO since 1983, as a Natural Park since 1986 as well as a Special Protection Area for Birds (SPA) since 1987.
- Casa de las Bicicletas – House of Bicycles, Calle Negrillo, house decorated with bicycles of all shapes, sizes and colours! great photo opportunity!
- Ruins of Santa Maria , Plaza De Santa Maria, The Ruins of Santa Maria, was the most important monument of the Adelantamiento -Opening: from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm and from 4 pm to 7 pm (Mondays not holidays, closed)-Guided tours: every half hour from 10 o’clock.
- Vault of the Cerezuelo de Cazorla River-Boveda del Rio Cerezuelo , Plaza Santa Maria, s / n. Cazorla , The vault that covers the river Cerezuelo is designed to build the Church of Santa Maria , – Opening: from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm and from 4 pm to 8 pm. (Monday not holidays, closed)
- Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populaes del Alto Guadalquivir , Ethnographic Museum ,Camino de San Isicio 45,Located at The Yedra Castle, From Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.Sundays and holidays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Prices Citizens of the EU accredited: free. Other Countries: € 1.50
- Centro de Interpretacion de la Cultura de la Madera, Interpretation Center for the Culture of Wood, Poblado Vadillo Castril, Open : 10:30 am – 1:30 pm, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm , Cultural Center linked to the use of wood.This place was used since ancient times as a watering place for timber sawmill was built in this place also,Now advocated by UNESCO in relation to Material Cultural and Intangible Conservation.
- Frondosa Naturaleza Theme Center , Camino Angel 7, The center dedicated about the flora and fauna of the park.informative panels, cave and reproductions of birds in resin. a large exhibition of life-size scale models,Guided tour that is worth it
- Centro Tematico de Especies Amenazadas -information center about flora and fauna and the old mill, Plaza de Santa Maria, Small museum with animals and threatened species,very entertaining exhibition for children and adults, Admission fee: 1 Euro
- Sendero Rio Cerezuelo , trail along Rio Cerezuelo , the trail starts just up the road from the Plaza de Santa Maria, The trail follows the river with wooden rails , bridges and small waterfalls.
- Plaza De La Corredera , Plaza Corredera 14-20, square in the center of cazorla , just next to the town hall , Fountain, bars, banks, coffee shops
- Rio Borosa : Fantastic location and brilliant hiking routes ,Lots of bridges and pathways to climb on , safari at the Black Lake , Great mountain views and a cool tunnel that leads to mountain lakes and forrest ,Fantastic cycling route. beautiful park with amazing river walk, well signed and easy .
Activities : Guizhou Tours / sightseeing / photo opportunities / hikes , Several hike trails in the park ,One of the best-known hiking routes in the Sierra de Cazorla is the one that runs along the Borosa river, from the Fish farm to the FEDA reservoir and the Valdeazores lagoon / 4×4 excursions / guided tours /
/ sport fishing In the Borosa / Cazorla horseback riding / cycling ,mountain bike routes where the Sierra de Cazorla is an idyllic setting for 2 wheel lovers
Events : at the end of July the International Blues Festival, Festival Internacional de Blues Bluescazorla. / The annual International Theater Festival in Cazorla (Festival Internacional de Teatro de Cazorla) / Cazorla sera flamenca ,from August 3 to 22 / From 14.-21. The Feria de Cazorla takes place every year in September
Go next : village of La Iruela, with ruined Moorish fortress / Alcala la Real / Baeza / Carboneras / Jaen is a city in Andalusia and the capital of the eponymous province.