The Darßer Ort lighthouse at the northwestern tip of the peninsula Fischland-Darss-Zingst it was built in 1848 and is still in operation today. It is just over 35 meters high and is one of the oldest on the German Baltic coast.
The lighthouse was built as a round building from 1847-1848 red brick and taken on January 1849 in operation. The lighthouse is one of the oldest on the German Baltic coast. is 35.4 m high, the headlight lenses reinforced fire is located at a height of 33 m. Since 1936 the fire is operated electrically, The lighthouse Darsser Ort, a round tower made of red bricks with dome-shaped copper roof,
After its restoration, since 1995 visitors can again climb the 134 steps to the viewing platform. Today The lighthouse counts more than 100,000 visitors a year and
The lighthouse itself and its outbuildings is now home to the Natureum, a special branch of the German Maritime Museum.
Access : Coordinates: 54.472778, 12.502222 / Address : Lighthouse Darsser Ort ,Darsser place 1-3 , 18375 Prerow / The Natureum Darsser Ort is not reachable by car. Car parking is available in Prerow, Wieck and Born, “Drei Eichen” and Ahrenshoop. / The Natureum is located about five kilometers northwest of Prerow and about 8 km north of Born, in the middle of the Vorpommersche Boddenlandschaft National Park. It can only be reached on foot, by bicycle or by horse-drawn carriage. It lies in the West Pomeranian Lagoon National Park.
- At the foot of the lighthouse is the Natureum, a branch of the German Maritime Museum Stralsund. The Natureum offers six permanent exhibitions: Naturraum Darsser Ort, Animals of the Darsslandschaft, Baltic coast, Landscape in motion, Lighthouse history anthe outdoor area.
- The View : It takes 134 steps to reach a height of around 30 meters. The climb is worth it: Above you can expect a fantastic view over the Dar?wald, the Darsser Weststrand and the Baltic Sea – with a clear view to the bush on Hiddensee and the chalk coast of the Danish island of Mon.
- A cafe awaits you in the lighthouse keeper’s cottage at the foot of the tower, while other buildings in the lighthouse courtyard house exhibits from the German Museum of the Seas, the Natureum.
- Two special circular hiking trails (1.7 km and 3.7 km) lead through the beautiful nature of the Darsser forest in the protected area of the national park with all its facets on well-paved paths with viewing platforms to the lighthouse at Darsser place.
- Beacon keeper’s house : The Leuchtfeuerwarterhaus was built in 1848, in him lived the Leuchtfeuerwarterfamilien. Until 1978, the tower was occupied by beacon guards.
Opening Hours : May, September, October : Daily 10:00 – 17:00 , June – August : Daily 10:00 – 18:00 , November – April : Wed – Sun 11:00 – 16:00
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking / Round Trips / cycling and horseriding / environmental interpretation, landscape observation
Go next : West coast sand beach near Darsser Ort / explore the Fischland-Darss-Zingst – or Fischland-Darss-Zingst the peninsula on the Baltic Sea Coast of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany./ Stralsund is a city in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania / Rostock is the largest city in the German state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania