Jesolo is a seaside resort on the Veneto coast, in the province of Venice in Veneto, Italy.
Jesolo stretches from the main town inland to the Adriatic coast known as Lido di Jesolo. Its sandy beach stretches between the mouth of the Sile River and that of the Piave River for about 12 km. Lido di Jesolo is a popular seaside resort during the summer season and one of the largest beaches in northeastern Italy.
One of the most popular Italian beaches, Jesolo records about 1.2 million arrivals every year for 5.4 million official presences, figures that place it in seventh place overall in Italy among tourist destinations, and the third, behind Rimini and Cavallino-Treporti, among the Italian seaside resorts . With 204,711.4 presences per thousand inhabitants, it is also one of the 50 Italian municipalities with the greatest tourist pressure .
The history of Jesolo is closely linked to that of Venice, as heir to the ancient lagoon city of Equilio, one of the founders of the lagoon league that would later lead to the birth of Venice.
The west side of the municipal territory borders the lagoon of Venice, which is part of it and is therefore part of the site which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987. Since 2007, Jesolo has been a member of the Steering Committee of the UNESCO website.
Access : Coordinates: 45.533889, 12.640833 / By car :
A4 section VE-TS exits of Cessalto, San Dona / Noventa di Piave, Meolo and Quarto d’Altino, in addition to the various exits indicated in A57 and the Mestre ring road, with indications for Jesolo or sea. From the various motorway exits or in any case in the ordinary roads there are numerous signs with directions.
/ By train :
The nearest stations are those of San Dona di Piave, Meolo, Musile di Piave / Fossalta di Piave, Mestre, Venice and Quarto d’Altino.
/By boat :
Coming from the historic center of Venice, there are the ACTV waterbuses or ferry boats that connect Venice and its Lido with Punta Sabbioni, here are ATVO city buses with intermediate stops both in the municipality of Cavallino-Treporti and in that one of Jesolo, with the final destination of the Jesolo Lido bus station.
By plane : The nearest airports are : Verona Airport , Caselle di Sommacampagna, Treviso Airport , via Noalese 63 / Venice Airport .
The last two are very connected with Lido di Jesolo which, through frequent shuttles during daytime, connect the airports to Venice or Jesolo.
Get around : There is a bus service provided by ATVO (Eastern Veneto Transport Company) that connects Jesolo Lido with the main cities of the Veneto region, via San Dona di Piave and Venice / Mestre with daily buses to / from the train station and airport, also provides a urban bus service covering the whole coast. The bus station is located in Jesolo Lido in via Equilio, near Piazza Drago and a few minutes walk from the beach.
- Tropicarium Park, Piazza Brescia. open Daily 10am to 10pm. / Sealife Aquarium (3oo m from Piazza Brescia). In summer daily from 10 am to 6pm.
- Natural HIstory Museum (Museo Civico di Storia Naturale), Piazza G.Carducci, / Caribe Bay , Via Michelangelo Buonarroti 15, 30016, Jesolo, park with over! 80,000 square metres of entertainment, adrenalin, sports and relaxation , recognised as the best water theme park in Italy.
- Sand Nativity , located in the city next to the ferries wheel and the aquarium / Bau Bau Beach , Via Vittorio Veneto, 30016 Lido di Jesolo, Jesolo / Piazzo Drago, Piazzo Drago, Jesolo, square at the entrance of Lido de Jesolo.
- Piazza Mazzini ,square surrounded by restaurants, bars, and pizzerias / Museo Storico Militare Vidotto , Via Roma Destra 131, 30016, Jesolo, Military Musesum about the police and armed force of Italy of the last century. Open daily during the summer season June, July.
- The Wheel of Venice , Piazza Brescia 11 | Accanto al Pala Arrex, 30016, Jesolo, with a height of 60meters showing good views of Jesolo / New Jesolandia , Via Roma Destr, 30016, Jesolo, amusement park
- Chiesa Parrocchiale di San Giovanni Battista , Piazza Giacomo Matteotti 9, 30016, Jesolo, Parish of San Giovanni Battista / Torre del Caligo , Via Salsi, 30016, Jesolo, ancient medieval Byzantine tower.
- Bunker italiano di Cortellazzo , Cortellazzo, Jesolo, / Church of Santa Maria Ausiliatrice , Piazza Trieste 10, 30016 Lido di Jesolo, Jesolo, Open : 08:00 – 18:00
- I Mosaici Paleocristiani di Jesolo , Piazza Brescia 13 | Presso Il Kursaal, 30016, Jesolo, In the archaeological area of the ancient walls of Jesolo, interesting finds have been found from the collapse and from the remains of the monumental Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta.The beach of Lido di Jesolo , large, sandy with shallow water.
Events : Sand Sculpture Festival : / Moonlight Half Marathon , In May. Night running race / Jesolo Air Show , Acrobatic air show with the participation of the Frecce Tricolori. / Giro d’Italia , In May 2015 the 13th stage ended in Jesolo / JesolOnIce , piazza Mazzini. Typically from November to February. Ice skating rink / Miss Italia , beauty contest.
Activities : Sailing and windsurfing / Minigolf / Diving / night – clubs / Cycling, Along the sandy coast, there are 500 kilometres of cycling tracks / horse-riding routes / relaxation on the beach / day trip to : Venice – Burano, Torcello and Murano / Sport fishing
go-kart at the Pista Azzurra di Jesolo / Pirate Cruise : on board of an old-fashioned Venetian ship / kids’ fun park with inflatable and foam rubber facilities.
Go next : Cortellazzo / Torcello / Venice / The Lido / Murano / Burano / Mestre