Landskrona is the central town in Landskrona municipality and the fifth largest urban area in Skane. It is located at Oresund in western Skane, between Helsingborg and Lund. ( Swedren )
Landskrona is a town with approximately 40,000 inhabitants and is located in southern Sweden with Malmö and Copenhagen as neighbors. It is easy to get there by car, train or plane.
Landskrona is a green city with a large number of parks and Sweden’s oldest colony garden area. Right next to the colony garden area is the Citadel, which is one of the best preserved defense facilities in the Nordic region from the 16th century. From here you can hike or cycle along the coast and experience both picturesque fishing villages and beautiful natural areas. We also recommend a visit to the island of Ven, which offers fantastic nature experiences. The ferry departs from Landskrona and Copenhagen.
Access : Coordinates: 55.866667, 12.833333 / by plane : The main international airport in the region is Malmo Airport. / By rail :
Landskrona has frequent rail connections to Malmo and Helsingborg. The connection between the new station and the city center is served by Trolleybuses. Landskrona is currently the only city in Sweden where a trolleybus network operates.-a new dual track high speed railway between Helsingborg and Lund, as a part of a planned West Coast Railway between Copenhagen and Gothenborg. –
By car : Landskrona is located on the motorway connecting Malmo with Gothenburg.
Get around : Wire buses-trolleybus- were introduced in Landskrona in 2003 and drive travelers between the city center and the railway station, which is located on the outskirts of the city. shuttlebusses that run frequently -bus number 3-. On the trainticket from Skånetrafiken you can (free of charge) take the bus to downtown Landskrona.
- Landskrona citadell , Citadellet, Landskrona, 261 31, Open : 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM , The Citadel is one of the best-preserved 16th century fortresses in the Nordic countries, built by King Christian III of Denmark between 1549 and 1559.
- Landskrona Museum, Slottsgatan, Landskrona, 261 31, Open : 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM , The museum’s permanent exhibitions tell the story of Landskrona itself through the ages, and it also has a programme of temporary exhibitions which includes photographic work.
- Rothoffs museikoloni -Allotment garden museum in Landskrona-, Citadellvagen 21, Landskrona, 261 39, Rothoffs Museikoloni is located in one of Sweden’s oldest allotment area located on the ramparts around the Landskrona citadel. Sofia Albertina Church , 9 Kungsgatan, 261 31, Queen Loviska Ulrika laid the foundation stone of this church about 1754.
- Citadellkolonierna , Citadellvagen 21, Landskrona, 261 31, The city center colonies of Landskrona , among the oldest allotments in Sweden.
- Asmundtorp Church , Kustvagen 5 | Asmundtorp, Landskrona, Landskrona Municipality, The church is built in a neo-gothic style ,The new church in Asmundtorp was built in the late 19th century, replacing a medieval church
- Town Hall Square , The city’s main square from the 1890s, Radhustorget, is located at the Town Hall. Other buildings around the square are, with one exception, from the period 1890-1915, many of them large magnificent buildings
- Sandbergen , The area is now part of the “Skaneleden” hiking area in the southernmost county of Sweden. You will have excellent view over the coastline and the island of Ven /
- Orenasganggriften , Alabodsvagen, Landskrona, 261 63, On the hill above the Alabodarna village is Orenas long barrow placed, approximately 4,000 years old and open to visitors from spring 2016
- Karlslundsparken , Hjalmar Brantings Vag 41, Landskrona, In the northern part of the city you will find the book forest “Karlslund”, which was planted in the early 1800s, which nowadays houses Sweden’s largest colony of raw materials
- The Island of Ven , Some call it the “The pearl of Oresund”. Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe built two observatories there.
- The Walk of Fame , For the 600th anniversary of 2013, the city has built a Walk of Fame after the Walk of Fame in Hollywood (probably the first in Sweden), with memorial plates of famous people from Landskrona or related to the city.
- Graen , nature reserve Graen (pronounced “gray”) is an over 80 hectare island which is largely artificial, and which protects Landskrona’s industrial harbor. The northern part, the old defense facilities, includes a bird sanctuary for, among other things, large joints and knoll swans and various gulls.
- Water towers (old and new) / Swan city / Landskrona’s Art Gallery , Slottsgatan, Landskrona, 261 31, Open : 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Kaptensgardens Skulpturpark – Sculpture park- is located along with the art gallery in the castle park
- Gamla Kyrkans Grund , Church ruin -The church was built around 1420 , It was demolished in the course of urban renewal in 1780
Activities : adventure waterland / Fishing , you can go fishing in the centre of town in Landskrona or On the river Saxan, just south of the city and there are canoes for hire. /
swimming at thegorgeous sandy beaches at Borstahusen and Alabodarna / walk , Skaneleden is a gorgeous 13 km walk that starts at Landskrona Citadel and finishes at the village of Fortuna going north up the coast.
Events : Each year, a carnival is organized in the city for three days. Famous artists or groups are invited to the city, among others, Cookies ‘N’ Beans, Hasse Andersson, Kee Marcello and Thomas Vikstrom have been invited to the carnival