Lofou is a village in the district of Limassol, Cyprus.
The first written reference to Lofou is found during the Francu period. According to the medieval historian Leontios Machairas, King James I of Cyprus gave Lofou to his brother Janot of Lusignian, lord of Beirut in 1392.
The village takes its name from its location at the top of a hill and has retained its name since Byzantine times. It is known for its beautiful, old architecture and its many winding cobbled streets.
Access : Coordinates: 34.815833, 32.875278 / Lofou located about 26 kilometers northwest of the city of Limassol. / The visitor can reach Lofou by following the road B8 and then the road F617, or following the road E601 and then the road F617.
- the traditional fountain of Elitzi, dating from 1842. / the 19th century church of the of the village, which is dedicated to the Annunciation.
- the old school of Lofos / small rural museum / chapel dedicated to the Prophet Elias, / the chapel of Agios Georgios in the west of the village.
- At the end of September, the village celebrates the grape harvest with a Grape Festival, where visitors can watch the locals prepare traditional grape juice dishes.
- The nature trail which is about one and a half kilometers long and follows a downhill course to the traditional fountain of Elitzi.
- “Ioanni Stavrianou” street in the “Stavros” area of Lofos as well as the main cobbled street of the village.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking- Wine Route 4 Krasochoria Limassol
Go next : Alassa , a village in the Limassol District of Cyprus / Kato Kivides , a village in the Limassol District of Cyprus.