Mahogany Bay, is a private beach and a shopping area in Roatan, Roatán is the largest of the islands in the Bay of Honduras.
The Mahogany Bay port is located in Dixon Cove, between Coxen Hole and French Harbour along Roatan’s south shoreline. The reef is excellent for diving, snorkelling, and fishing. The island also has some amazing beaches.In addition to the two cruise berths, a 20 acre welcome center await tourists visiting the island. This welcome center provides an amazing shopping experience and it also allows easy access for our visitors to enjoy excursions by land and sea.
Cruise ships dock very close to Mahogany Bay town and beach, and guests can walk to the beach or take the chairlift.
Access : Coordinates: / Mahogany Bay is located in Dixon Cove, on the southern coastline of Roatan Island.The walk from the cruise ship dock to the town of Mahogany Bay is short.
- Mahogany chair lift : This chairlift connects the commercial area of Mahogany Bay with the beach. a day pass with unlimited rides has a surcharge
- Mahogany Bay Beach : The beach at Mahogany Bay on the island of Roatan in Honduras is white and clean. / West Bay Beach.
- Diving, kayaking here is truly unforgettable because of the wealth of the underwater world.
- Shopping : Mahogany Bay Commercial Village offers retail & duty-free shopping, bars, restaurants, handcrafted souvenirs, jewelry,etc.
- All cruise ships that visit Roatan offer a variety of shore excursions, many of them related to water or eco-adventures.
- Roatan mangroves : Dixon Harbor is lined with mangroves. These “forests” are teeming with wildlife and fish. they are fun to explore in a small boat or kayak
Activities : Mahogany Bay Cruise Excursions / Shopping / Snorkeling, diving and fishing / swimming and casual relaxing.
Go next : Oak Ridge, a small village on the eastern end of the island / Garifuna village / Coxen Hole, the largest city on the island. Coxen Hole also has many shopping opportunities.