Point Robinson Lighthouse is a lighthouse located in Point Robinson, east of Maury Island on Puget Sound (King County), Washington State, United States.
Development of a navigation aid at Point Robinson began in 1884 when the Lighthouse Service purchased land. Construction of a fog signaling station began that year, and the facility opened on July 1, 1885. A one-and-a-half-storey gatehouse was built nearby. The second warden’s quarters were not built until 1907.
The first light was installed in 1887. A red lantern with optical system was attached to a 7.6 m pole. In 1894 the post was replaced by a 9.4 m open wooden tower.
The current lighthouse house was built in 1915.
Point Robinson Lighthouse has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since April 21, 2004
Access : Coordinates: 47.3881, -122.375 / Cape Robinson is the easternmost point of Maury Island.Point Robinson Lighthouse Located on the northeast corner of Maury Island in Puget Sound.
- The lighthouse and cape are part of the park and recreation area Vashon-Maury Island.
- Today’s lighthouse was built in 1915 with a 12-meter tower and a Fresnel lens and is thus visible only at a distance of nineteen kilometers.
- Point Robinson Lighthouse featured in Berkeley Breathed’s delightful children’s Christmas story, “The Red Ranger Came Calling.”
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking / Sea kayaking.
Go next : Blake Island State Park / Bike in a Tree /