Pornic is a a small seaside town at the West of France, located in the department of Loire-Atlantique, in region Pays de la Loire.
Located on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, the city is known for its castle and old port. Its main resources are, at the beginning of the twenty-first century, tourism and sea products. Pornic is also appreciated for its faience factory, its casino, its thalassotherapy center, its 18-hole golf course and its strawberry factory.
Access : Coordinates: 47.1167, -2.1 / By train : All year long: 4 daily return trips between Nantes and Pornic (transport of bikes possible on some trains) The towns served are: Saint-Marc-de-Coutais / Port-Saint-Pere / Sainte-Pazanne / Saint-Hilaire- de-Chaleons / Bourgneuf-en-Retz / Les Moutiers-en-Retz / The Bernerie-en-Retz / Pornic. Paris / Nantes: 2 hrs TGV Paris / Saint-Nazaire: 2 h 40 TGV
By bus : From Nantes: Lila network , Baco bus station, Nantes-Sud and Pirmil SNCF train station. From Saint-Nazaire: Lila network: Bus station at St-Nazaire SNCF train station Official website of the Loire-Atlantique, Lila transport
By car :
Pari s: take the A11 L’Oceane to Nantes then take direction Nantes Atlantique Airport and direction Pornic.
Bordeaux: take the A83 then the A10 Bordeaux-Niort-nantes.
Then take the direction Nantes Atlantique Airport and direction Pornic.
Nantes about 60 km: on the ring road follow direction Noirmoutier, exit Porte de Bouguenais then direction Pornic / St-Brevin.
Saint-Nazaire about 30 km: by the bridge of Saint-Nazaire (free) then follow the blue road RD 213.
By plane :
Nantes Atlantique Airport located 30 minutes from Pornic.Note: there are shuttles between the airport and Nantes SNCF train station.
By boat-Yacht : Marina of the Noeveillard Yacht Club International Pornic. Open all year round 24 hours.Port of Gourmalon Harbor is the nearest.
- Dolmen de la Joseliere , Impasse de la Baie, Pornic, megalithic structures from the neolithic period. This is well preserved and over five thousand years old.
- Chateau de Pornic , The Chateau de Pornic is a restored castle in the city of Pornic , also known as the “Chateau de Barbe Bleue” (Bluebeard) because it belonged to Gilles de Rais.
- Parc Botanique de la Ria, Pont du 8 Mai 1945, 44210 Pornic, a 13 hectares park is accessed directly beside the Tourist Office on the old port.
Plage de la Boutinardiere , The beach Boutinardiere allows you to fish between the rocks and rest on the sandy part
- Dolmen Du Predaire , Lieu dit La Boutinadiere, 44210 Pornic, On a beach path, / Plage de la Noeveillard , Plage de la Noeveillard, 44210 Pornic, beach with wc and clean wqter. is close to the new port
- Sentier des Douaniers , Well marked coastal path. / Tumulus des Mousseaux , Ave des Mousseaux, Pornic, megalithic mound/ chambers and relates to other stone circles/ dolmens in the area.
- Plage de la Birochere , La Birochere ,Le Clion sur Mer , 44210PORNIC , little sand beach between the rocks. There is also a bathing part without any rocks.
Activities : Walks and hikes / Leisure and nautical activities / 18 hole golf course / Horse riding / Tennis / swimming / Guided tours, walking, cycling, minibus or small tourist train.
Events : Festival Hors tension , Port SAaint Pere , From Friday 07 to Sunday 09 June 2019 / Rencontres coques en Bois , Saturday 15 to Sunday 16 June 2019 , Water sports / Fete de la Musique , Friday 21 June 2019 , Concerts /
FETE ET FEUX DE LA SAINT JEAN , Saturday 22 June 2019 , Flea market , Bric-a-brac , Fireworks ,tradition, folklore / The Carnival of Pornic in April / Feast of the galette and crepe in July / The summer carnival in July / The mold festival in mid-August /
Feast of St Gilles end of August
Go next : Cote de Jade / Saint-Brevin-les-Pins / Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef