Praia da Macumba is a beach in Brazil. It is located in the state of Rio de Janeiro, in the southeastern part of the country, 900 km southeast of the capital Brasilia.
Around Praia da Macumba it is essentially urban. Savann climate prevails in the area. The annual average temperature in the funnel is 23 ° C. The warmest month is January, when the average temperature is 29 ° C, and the coldest is May, at 20 ° C. The average annual average is 1,060 millimeters. The rainy month is January, with an average of 181 mm rainfall, and the driest is August, with 29 mm rainfall.
One of the many nice beaches of Rio de Janeiro. It is not very conveniently located, so it is less crowded than most other big beaches. Especially towards the further part, the closer part has many people from the local favelas. The waves in Macumba are good for surfing, but steep shore and strong back-currents make it dangerous to go into the water without a board.
How to get there
1. Take the bus to Recreio (buses that have Recreio written as destination).
2. Get off the bus at Pedra do Pontal, Recreio (ask the driver to where..).
3. Walk along the beach promenade away from Rio.
4. Continue until you reach a rock formation.
5. Climb over it or pass it from the right. You have arrived.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking
Go next :