Red Beach (Red Beach Scenic Area) or Panjin Wetland, is a wetland of over 300,000 ha on the Dawa xian of Panjin Municipality, North Liaoning Province. -East of the People’s Republic of China.
Red Beach Scenic Area is a swampy area with water. From January to March it looks like any other beach. The reeds germinate green in late spring in late April. After 3 months, they turn dark red in summer, making it the most beautiful beach in the world from August to October. They turn pink in November and December and dry out in winter. In three months the reeds will be new again.
Panjin, has become known through the world for its unusual color – red, which is not at all usual for such places.It is the largest reed bed in the world. The fact is that the bank of the Liaohe River is dotted with Sueda seaweed. But during the period of their growth, from April to May, they have a green color and only by September, dying off, the algae gradually acquire a bright red color. It is during this period that you need to come here to see a kind of living red carpet that stretches for kilometers.
Red Beach Scenic Area attracts not only Chinese residents, but also tourists from all over the world.
Access : Coordinates: 41.10889, 122.00389 / Panjin Red Beach, located 30 kilometers southwest of the city of Panjin.
- The red color only appears in those areas whose soils are composed of silt. The mud-covered area occupies about 3,500 hectares,Only part of the beach is open to tourists,The rest of the area is part of a protected nature reserve.
- The reed is used there to produce paper. During the Cultural Revolution, part of the marshes were transformed to grow cereals.
- Only a small area is open for visiting, here bridges and viewing platforms have been built for tourists.For tourists, there are also various holiday houses built near the red beach.
- Panjin contains a large number of ecosystems that can be found on earth. It is home to 236 bird species and more than 30 of them are under state protection. It is not uncommon to see Japanese cranes here, which makes this place even more unique and beautiful.
- Birdwatching : This nature reserve is a key habitat for migratory birds on their route between Asia and Australia. It is a place of refuge for 236 species of birds, of which 30 are protected species.
Activities : photography, environmental interpretation, landscape observation.
Go next : Shenyang , the capital of Liaoning Province in China / Dalian , the second largest city in Liaoning Province, Dongbei , North East China.