San Vincenzo is located on the Ligurian Sea, on the southern coast of Livorno, which takes the name of the Etruscan Riviera ( The Etruscan Riviera is located in Tuscany. It covers the stretch of coast from Livorno to Piombino, between the southern Maremma and the northern Versilia. Almost the entire province of Livorno is located in the Etruscan Riviera. ) and extends from the capital to Piombino.
Located in the Livorno Maremma or the historic Pisan Maremma, it is bordered to the north by the municipality of Castagneto Carducci and to the south by the coastal park of Rimigliano and the municipality of Piombino. In its hinterland extends the Val di Cornia.
Inhabited in ancient times, then it became an Etruscan and Roman settlement, today the town is a modern and efficient town, rich in accommodation and sports facilities and a well-equipped tourist port.
San Vincenzo is a popular seaside resort on the Tyrrhenian coast and is today one of the most well-equipped tourist-seaside resorts in continental Tuscany, which makes it the tourist capital of the Val di Cornia and one of the most popular centers on the Etruscan Coast. In the last decades there has been a definite boom in the construction sector, and numerous new buildings have been built.
Access : Coordinates: 43.083333, 10.533333 / San Vincenzo located about 100 kilometres (62 mi) southwest of Florence and about 50 kilometres (31 mi) southeast of Livorno. / By plane : There are two international airports near San Vincenzo: Florence and Pisa /
By rail : There is a train station here. / By car : San Vincenzo is a local road junction. Located on the Livorno-Rome expressway.
- wineries : participate in a tasting at any of the small family wineries in the city that produce DOC Bolgheri. The historic Borsi Liquori distillery is also worth a visit, if you and your travel companions are still animated.
- The beach : The only beach with free access is in the Natural Park of Rimigliano ,In the stretch of beach south of the town of San Vincenzo, in the Rimigliano Natural Park, along the free beach of the Nido dell’Aquila, since the 70s, naturism has been practiced. Since March 2010 the municipality has officially designated this stretch of beach for naturist practice.
- Archaeological Park of San Silvestro : Rocca San Silvestro, known in the Middle Ages as the Pitosfero, is a fortified village built around the tenth century, thanks to the noble exploitation of the rich mineral deposits.In Rocca San Silvestro, at the time of maximum expansion of the settlement (second half of the 13th century), 200/250 people lived, in about 42 homes.
- Parco naturale costiero di Rimigliano – Coastal natural park of Rimigliano : Founded in 1973. Located in the southern municipal area and extends to the municipality of Piombino and Campiglia Marittima. , The main activity in the park is the seaside one, concentrated in the period from June to September and located mainly on the beach. The park is crossed transversely, along paths that lead from the provincial road to the beach. To support this activity, some small structures (toilets and showers) have been built near the coast. Some picnic tables have been installed inside the forest.
- Church of San Vincenzo Ferrer : The parish church of San Vincenzo was built in the mid-nineteenth century and consecrated in 1865. The building, placed in adherence to vast residential complexes built between the end of the twentieth century and the beginning of the two thousand, has a very simple facade, with a portal surmounted by a circular rose window. Inside there is a cycle of frescoes by Giampaolo Talani, executed between 1979 and 1987, depicting eight episodes of the life of Christ (Capture, Passion, Flagellation, Last Supper, Crucifixion, Deposition, Lamentation and Resurrection) and the four Evangelists.
- Torre di San Vincenzo – The tower of San Vincenzo : The tower was built by the Pisans in the Middle Ages, more precisely during the thirteenth century, so that it could perform functions of sighting and defense along the southern coast of the territory of the Republic of Pisa. The military architectural structure continued to perform its original functions for centuries, even after the incorporation of the area within the territory administered by the Grand Duchy of Tuscany.
- La Torre Vecchia – old tower : The tower was built by the Pisans in the Middle Ages, almost certainly between the 12th and 13th centuries, to create a defensive system along the southern stretch of the territory of the Republic of Pisa. The military architectural structure continued to play for centuries the original sighting and defense functions, being redeveloped towards the mid-sixteenth century by the Medici to enhance their efficiency within the new coastal defense system of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany.
- Diving : In addition to beaches and beach activities, San Vincenzo offers numerous opportunities for diving enthusiasts, in fact, during its two world wars, many ships found their last home, including the Capacitas bulk carrier, the Caboto and the minesweeper lookout. G32 sunk in 1917.
Events : “Everybody crazy about the Palamita” takes place during the month of May / the cycling race GP Costa degli Etruschi will start in San Vincenzo in February
/ “Castagneto a Tavola” is a summer gastronomic and sports festival that celebrates the area of ??maximum production of wines and olive oils.at the beginning of June,
Activities : you can swim – the fine sandy beach invites you to sunbathe and swim / sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking / From Marina di San Vincenzo you can book tours of the Tyrrhenian Sea / At least one diving school offers snorkeling lessons (scuba diving), as well as a windsurfing school./ shopping :
Parallel to the beach, there is a long pedestrian zone, where shops are crowded / San Silvestro Archaeological Mines Park Tour / discover high-level gastronomy / discover the excellent wines of the Wine Route of the Etruscan Coast.
Go next : Rocca San Silvestro – Archaeological Park of San Silvestro / the city of Campiglia Marittima / Livorno – Capital of the Province / Castiglioncello is a city in Tuscany / Rosignano Marittimo is a city in Tuscany./ thermal baths of Venturina