Szczawnica is a spa town in Małopolskie Province in the mountains of southern Poland. The Szczawnica ski resort is located at an altitude of 400-600 meters above sea level in the Glicharska Valley, separating Malye Pieniny and Sondecky Beskid.
Szczawnica is located in the Glicharska Valley. This is one of the largest Polish resorts. One of the advantages of the resort is the Palenica four-seater chairlift, which starts in the very center of the city, not far from the bus station. After just 3 minutes of cable car ride you will find yourself at the very top of Palenica Mountain 722 m. From Palenica Mountain you can see picturesque views of Pieniny with the peaks Tri Korony and Sokolica, as well as the Slovak Tatras with the clearly visible mountain Lomnica.
Today it is a popular destination for winter and summer holidays . The guests of the resort are accepted by hotels, boarding houses, private cottages, sanatoriums.Szczawnica is also a health resort. Its mineral waters have medicinal properties, they are used for drinking, inhalation and bathing. The resort’s profile is the treatment of allergic diseases. Alpine skiing, snowboarding, sledding and horseback riding, kayaking, rafting on the Dunajec, mountain biking – these are the sports opportunities of the resort.
Access : Coordinates:49.425, 20.483333 / By car : The connecting roads lead to Nowy Sącz, Nowy Targ and Mszana Dolna. / By train :
The nearest major train station is in Nowy Sącz and can be reached by train from Kraków./ By bus : Regional buses go to Kraków, Nowy Sącz and the surrounding areas.
- The Pienin mountain range, which is part of the Pienin National Park, is located about 50 km from Zakopane, between Czorsztyn and Szczawnica. A small part of the massif is located in Slovakia.Pieniny – mountains, consisting of limestone rocks, creating beautiful forms: sharp ridges, sheer cliffs and gorges. The most beautiful peaks are Tri Korona (982 m above sea level) and Sokalitsa (747 m above sea level), proudly towering above the seething Danube on their slopes.
- The resort also has a ski area – Javorka. There are 3 tracks with evening lighting, 3 drag lifts and 1 chair lift./ All tracks are covered with artificial snow and are kept in perfect condition by snow machines. At the lower station of the Palenica cable car, there is a building of the Polish cable cars with comfortable halls and a parking lot. The height difference is 263 m. The average slope is 35%. Freight turnover 2200 people / hour
- Walerya Spa, a source of a mineral water spring named in 1853 after the wife of the spa physician Onufry Trembecki by Józef Szalay. / The Szalay Manor from 1839, the oldest building in the spa.
- The spa chapel in the Górny Park, from 1847, founded and designed by Józef Szalay / Chapel of Our Lady of Częstochowa in the Lower Park, from 1867, a former pump room of healing waters.
- Every year Szczawnica becomes a venue for various festivals. Health centers with healing springs, riding schools, golf courses, tennis schools are open all year round. You can go skiing or snowboarding, kayaking or biking.In January-February, the resort hosts the Polish Snowboard Championship.
- Szczawnica is also a health resort. In addition to climatic conditions, the local mineral waters have medicinal properties, they are used for drinking, bathing and inhalation. Medical profile: respiratory diseases (in particular, allergic).
Activities : Alpine skiing, snowboarding, sledding and horseback riding, kayaking, rafting on the Dunajec, mountain biking – these are the sports opportunities of the resort / Horseback riding, sleigh rides or horseback / photo opportunities / In summer – rafting on the Dunajec along the Sromovce-Kty-Nizhnaya Szczawnica route, kayaks, kayaks, mountain biking, horse riding.
Go next : At a distance of 6 km to the east of Szczawnica is the ancient Lemko village of Jaworki. / Krościenko nad Dunajcem is a spa town on the Dunajec in the Lesser Poland Voivodeship in southeastern Poland / Nowy Sącz , a city in the Lesser Poland Voivodeship