Telluride is a small city located in the southwestern part of Colorado ( United states ) , about 100 miles from the border of four states: Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico. Located in a canyon, 2667 meters above sea level.
The city was named after the chemical element Tellurium, which was planned to be mined in these places, but almost never found. But there is also an alternative theory of the name of the city – Telluride – this is the abbreviated name “in the middle of nowhere.”
Only one road is accessible all year round. There is also a regional airport – the highest commercial airport in the United States. But it is considered difficult because of the frequent adverse weather conditions, high altitude and surrounding mountains. True, this “isolation” does not prevent Telluride from being one of the best ski resorts in North America and a cultural center for many festivals.
Access : Coordinates: 37.939153, -107.816317 / From the capital of Colorado, Denver, Telluride can be reached in approximately 6 hours by car.
- Mountain Village, Telluride, Colorado : a European-style village that was founded in 1987 in the heart of Colorado.Attracting bikers and hikers in the summer, skiers in the winter, and nature-lovers all year long . Telluride Gondola : Open from May to October and then again from November to April.
- In early June, thousands of country music lovers come to the spurs of the majestic San Juan mountains to enjoy the creativity of the best representatives of this style
- Telluride is best known for winter tourism. The Telluride – Mountain Village ski area has 14 slopes of the “double black” category, which are not available in Europe.
- The city center of Telluride received on July 4, 1961 as a Historic District the status of a National Historic Landmark. In October 1966, the Telluride Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Today, many prominent Americans have luxurious properties in the Telluride area. These include talk show host Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, members of the Disney clan and fashion designer Ralph Lauren.
- Bridal Veil Falls : Bridal Veil Falls is a 365-foot (111 m) waterfall at the end of the box canyon overlooking Telluride, Colorado / Telluride Historical Museum, 201 West Gregory Ave / Bear Creek Falls.
- Robert Leroy Parker alias Butch Cassidy raided the San Miguel Valley Bank in Telluride on June 24, 1889. He captured about $ 24,000 with his gang.  This was Butch Cassidy’s first documented crime.
- Telluride Ski Resort : / Town Park / Ophir Pass / Jud Wiebe Trail / San Miguel River Trail / Black Bear Pass / Telluride Gallery of Fine Art /
Events : Since 1974, a film festival has been held in Telluride. Telluride Film Festival. The festival is included in the “Top 10 International Festivals” ranking and among 5 festivals in the USA.It takes place annually on Labor Day – the first Sunday in autumn
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking / “Picnic” and live music on the main street of the city on the opening day of the festival./ Skiing , Telluride Ski School / Telluride Offroad Adventures.
Go next : Montrose, Palisade, Paonia, and Hotchkiss, as well as the city of Grand Junction / Ouray : a small town in Southwestern Colorado