Tenby is a picturesque city in South Wales – United Kingdom which spills over pastel-colored buildings along the cliffs and near sandy bays. Tenby is one of the most important Welsh tourist destinations and is located on the south coast of Pembrokeshire, about 80 kilometers west of Swansea.
Access : Coordinates: 51.6745, -4.7044 / By car : From London or South Wales you can take the M4 to the end -towards Swansea- , then take the A48 to Carmarthen. Then the A40 to St Clears, the A477 to Kilgetty and finally the A478 to Tenby.
By Bus : Regular service from Swansea. “National Express” transportation far less frequent from London and Birmingham.
By train : Tenby is connected by a local railway line to Swansea, Cardiff and Pembroke Dock. During the summer weekends, there are a limited number of direct services to and from London-Paddington, but there are frequent services connecting trains to London and elsewhere in England from Carmarthen , Swansea or Cardiff.
Get around : Cars are banned from the historic city center during the summer months, .Best way to explore The town can be on foot.
- St. Catherine’s Island : Castle Beach, Tenby SA70 7BL, with its 1869 fort, is separated from the country at high tide.
- Pembroke – Pembroke Castle, medieval Norman castle and birthplace of King Henry VII.
Castle Beach , Bridge St, Tenby SA70 7BP, Wales , Beautiful beach to visit with lots of shops and places to eat.
- RNLI Tenby Lifeboat Station , Castle Hill, Tenby SA70 7BS, Wales , Demonstration of the commitment of volunteers who staff the station on a 35/7 basis.watch the boat launch on Monday 6:30pm
- Tenby South Beach , South Beach, Tenby SA70 7EG, Wales , Open : 12:00 am – 11:59 pm , beach with lovely view of the nearby island.
- Tudor Merchant’s House , The Tudor Merchants House Quay Hill | The Tudor Merchants House, Tenby SA70 7BX, Small house with one interesting features.
- Tenby North Beach , blue flag beach with amenities and facilities , family friendly.
- Manor Wildlife Park , St. Florence, Tenby SA70 8RJ, Open : 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Tenby Museum and Art Gallery , Castle Hill, Tenby SA70 7BP, Museum in Wales.Founded in 1878.
- Upton Castle Gardens , Cosheston | SA72 4SE, Tenby SA72 4SE / St Mary’s Church , High Street, Tenby SA70 8LN.
- Tenby Harbour , historic harbour , Watch the tide come in / St. Julian’s Chapel , The Harbour, Tenby SA70 7NA.
- St. Teilo’s Catholic Church , Catholic Church House St. Florence Parade, Tenby SA70 7DT
- Tenby Indoor Market , High Street | Old Market Hall, Tenby SA70 7EU, Open : 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- St. John’s Church , Warren Street, Tenby SA70 7TJ / Carew Cheriton Control Tower ,
- Carew Airfield, Sageston, Tenby SA70 8SX , experience the aviation and wartime history of south Pembrokeshire , with an a amazing little museum
- Five Arches Gate and Seven arch viaduct / St Mary’s Street.
Activities : hiking , trails in and around Tenby. The coastal path – part of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park / sightseeing / photo opportunities / Boats leave from Tenby Harbor for Caldey Island, while St Catherine Island can be reached at low tide.
/ The Dinosaur Park , Gumfreston, Tenby SA70 8RB, Open : 10:00 am – 5:00 pm / Boat Trips / Heatherton Sports Country Park / Folly Farm theme park / paintbal /
Walking along the beaches / Swimming / Bikes for hire / fishing / Tenby Ghost Walk / rickshaw or horse and cart tour
Events : last week of September the Tenby Arts Festival / in mid-November the Tenby Blues Festival.
Go next :Caldey island / Saundersfoot / Kilgetty / Pembroke / Lamphey / Martletwy / Whitland / Haverfordwest / Swansea.