Uttakleiv is a small village on the north side of Vestvågøy in Lofoten Islands,Norway.
The Uttakleiv Beach white sand, green grass, emerald-colored water and tidal polished silver stones on the rocky beach attract photographers from all over the world.
Lofoten has some of Norway’s and perhaps the world’s most beautiful beaches. Surrounded by mountains and fjords are chalk-white sandy beaches and azure blue sea
Uttakleiv beach was named Europe’s most romantic beach by the Times in 2005.
The Uttakleiv Beach, protected by a mountain range, is popular with surfers and surfers alike.Uttakleiv is possibly the most photographed beach in Norway. Uttakleiv attracts photographers who want to capture the midnight sun and the northern lights depending on the season,usually during winter sunsets people can watch borealis.
Access : Coordinates: 68.209600, 13.502213 / Uttakleiv is about 20 minutes from Leknes if you come by car. This is a detour from the E10 and part of the Lofoten National Tourist Route.
- Uttakleiv beach was named the world’s third most beautiful beach by Sunday times travel in 2010
- Uttakleiv beach was named Europe’s most romantic beach by the Times in 2005.
- Dragons Eye : A rock formation – tide pool with a round algae ,resembles a dragon’s eye at Uttakleiv beach in Vestvågøy.
- Overnight stays : Uttakleiv is a popular camp spot with huge grassy area near the beach and some basic facilities.
- Photogenic Norwegian beach: Uttakleiv Beach is possibly the most photographed beach in Lofoten,The scenic, rocky coastline on the left side of the beach offers almost unlimited photographic opportunities.
- Hiking trails :The trip is divided into 3 parts and on these 3 travel routes, a total of 22 qr code signs with old photos, stories and music have been placed./ There is an old coastal road from Uttakleiv to Haukland that it is possible to walk. The trip is about 4km and takes less than one hour one way.
- Facilities and services :toilet (summer season), parking lot , Rest area-picnic area ,garbage station ,Motorhome emptying all year round with a capacity of 100,000 liters
Garbage station for glass / metal and residual waste with a capacity of 14,000 liters.
Go next : Haukland Beach, Vestvågøy Island ,one of Lofoten’s most famous beaches and hikes / between Leknes and Svolvær is Gimsøy beach / Unstad is one of Lofoten’s most popular beaches,you will find the scenic Skagsanden on Flakstadøya by Ramberg.