Virginia Beach is a city in the United States located in the southeast of Virginia. It is located in southeastern Virginia and is the largest city in the state.
On April 26, 1607, after a long voyage that lasted 144 days, 3 vessels: “Suzanne Constanta”, “Happy Way” and “Discovery” reached the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. The Englishman Christopher Newport was in command of the ships. He was a former pirate hired by the Virginia Company of London to establish a settlement in Virginia, a colony that had been colonized by the British since the late 16th century. The colonists spent three days at the site of the first landing and named it Cape Henry. From the Cape they traveled along the bay and founded Jamestown, the first English settlement in the present-day United States.
Virginia Beach is constantly included in the ratings and lists of the most attractive cities in America, published by various publications,
Over the past few years, Virginia Beach has evolved from an ordinary coastal town into a large modern resort,today The city is considered one of the most attractive tourist destinations.
Access : Coordinates: 36.85, -75.977778 / Virginia Beach is primarily served by Norfolk International Airport, which is also the region’s main airport. It is located near Chesapeake Bay, Norfolk /
By car : from the Delmarva Peninsula onto U.S. Route 13, and across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. from northwest-west of the city, the fastest way is along Interstate 64. From the south-southwest, best way it is to take Interstate 85 or 95 to US 58.
- the main attraction of which is the beach of the same name. The total length of the beach, which for convenience is divided into separate areas, is about 60 km. More than half of the coastline is occupied by modern equipped beaches with accompanying tourist infrastructure.
- Contemporary Art Center – Museum of Contemporary Art / Ocean Breeze Waterpark – water park / Mount Trashmore and First Landing State Park
- Cape Henry Lighthouse : The Cape Henry Lights are two lighthouses located at Cape Henry, in the southern part of the Chesapeake Bay / Adam Thoroughgood’s house in Virginia Beach, one of the oldest in the United States. Probably built around 1719
- Oceanfront Boardwalk is a waterfront promenade lined with hotels, shops and restaurants. One of the oldest symbols of the state of Virginia (originally discovered in 1888.
- The Old Coast Guard Station (Virginia Beach Surf and Rescue Museum), 24th Street. Housed in a former U.S. Life Saving Station. / Statue of Neptune on the Virginia Beach boardwalk
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center – Popular Aquarium / Sandler Center for the Performing Arts is the newest concert hall in the region.
- Throughout the year, Virginia Beach hosts many events: the celebration of Neptune, the Oceana Air Show, car shows, wine, beer and similar festivals, a beach soccer tournament, music concerts, etc.
- Military Aviation Museum, 1341 Princess Anne Rd / State Parks and National Wildlife Refuge. / 9 Naval Air Station Oceana Viewing Area – POW/MIA Flame of Hope Memorial Park.
- Virginia Beach is particularly known for its 45 km long sandy beach with a 5 km long boardwalk. In the Guinness Book of Records, this is listed as the longest pleasure beach in the world.
Activities : Beach can offer activities from fishing, surfing and whale watching to parks, attractions and casinos
Go next : Chesapeake , a town in the Hampton Roads region of Eastern Virginia / Portsmouth is in Virginia, within the United States of America.