Woolacombe Beach is a popular beach and seaside resort on the Atlantic Ocean on the north coast of Devon in South West England,United Kingdom.
The village has a large sandy beach. The village has been awarded many times with industry awards, including the prestigious Blue Flag Beach in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and the title of Best British Beach in 2000 . The village lies on the South West Coast Path and Tarka Trail.
Woolacomb Beach stretches for miles, surrounded by scenic sand dunes and a string of hotels and campgrounds. This beach is considered one of the best in the country, and this is not surprising, because it is very beautiful here, even the sand is golden. It is located in the North Devon area.
Woolacombe Beach in north Devon has today been voted one of the best beaches in the world by travellers on TripAdvisor. Woolacomb is very popular. Among vacationers there are many families with children, students who prefer active recreation, tourists from different countries.
Access : Coordinates: 51.172, -4.207 / Woolacombe is linked to North Devon’s urban centers of Ilfracombe, Braunton and Barnstaple by the B 3343. There is also a bus connection to which Mortehoe is connected via a single-lane branch line.
- The largest windsurfing center in the country operates in Woolacombe Beach, where everyone is trained. Experienced instructors teach adults and children to ride the waves.
- Infrastructure : The Woolacombe Beach has good infrastructure. There are rental shops for sun loungers, sun loungers, umbrellas, restaurants and pubs, kiosks with soft drinks and snacks, showers and toilets. Along the coastline, there are typical British beach houses where vacationers store their belongings. Rescue services are available throughout the swimming season.
- The South West Coast Path runs through the village – below the Esplanade – the longest marked long-distance footpath in Great Britain at 1014 km; this coincides with the Tarka Trail, another 290 km long long-distance hiking trail through Devon’s inland areas.
- Woolacombe Beach is very popular among surfers. Here you can also go kayaking or water skiing.
- Awards : TripAdvisor Best British beach 2015 , TripAdvisor 4th Best Beach in Europe 2015 , Coast Magazine Awards 2012 – Winner – Britain’s Best Beach , Blue Flag beach 2005, 2006, 2007.. ,Best Beach (2nd place) The Observer – 2000,ENCAMS Seaside Award 2003,Tidy Britain Seaside Award 2005.
Go next :Woolacombe seaside resort / Barricane Beach , Just round the corner from Woolacombe’s main beach / Watersmeet , one of the largest remaining ancient woodlands in the south west.