Tashicho Dzong is a Buddhist monastery and fortress in the northern side of the Bhutanese city of Thimphu, on the western bank of the Wong Chu River in Bhutan.
The fortress was built in the 13th century as a monastery, restored in the 1960s, The complex consists entirely of two-story, whitewashed fortress buildings. At the four corners these are surmounted by three-story towers, each crowned with a triple golden roof. In the center is the central tower, the utse.
Tashicho Dzong has been the seat of government ever since. It houses the throne room and the king’s offices, the cabinet secretariat and the ministries of interior and finance. Some other government offices are housed in buildings south of the Dzong and others in new buildings in Thimphu. To the west of the dzong is a small tower Ney Khang Lhakhang, which houses a statue of Shakyamuni Buddha and other guardian deities.In 1953, the royal family moved to the newly built Dechencholing Palace.
Access : Coordinates: 27.489444, 89.635
Go next : Thimphu ,the capital and largest city of Bhutan.