Vang Vieng is a small riverside town in Laos , in the province of Vientiane, between Luang Prabang and Vientiane.
Vang Vieng is an attractive natural tourist destination with beautiful scenery, full of high and low mountains, strange shapes, rice fields in layers, lush green with Song River. It is located in Vang Vieng District, Vientiane Province, Laos, 154 km from Vientiane and 210 km from Luang Prabang.
In recent years, the city has grown substantially, due to the influx of backpackers attracted by the adventure tourism opportunities and the limestone landscape with Karst geological relief.
Today the city has a good infrastructure with restaurants, banks, ATMs, currency exchange, shops, pharmacies, massage parlors (Laotian traditional massage ), travel agencies.
Access : Coordinates: 18.933333, 102.45 /
- Tubing : The main entertainment is tubing, that is, going down the river on a large inflatable wheel.
- Caves : In total, there are more than 70 caves, however, most of them are inaccessible to tourists, who are shown only 5–7 equipped caves. The most popular cave here is Tham Phu Kham Cave , Tham Nam and Tham Hoi.
- Tham Poukham – Blue Lagoon : This is a recreation area loved by tourists. Here an underground river flows to the surface, flows for several tens of meters and goes underground again. The water here is the purest, turquoise in color, and the depth reaches eight meters. Here you can dive into the water from a tree or ride a bungee. Thrill-seekers can take a zip line over the Blue Lagoon, a network of steel cables strung between platforms high in the trees. Using a special design, tourists are hooked to these cables, and they move along them between platforms.
- Biking : Uncle Toms Trails /
- Top sights in Vang Vieng : Vang Vieng is ready to provide you with an incredible experience!!! In addition to our program, here they soar into the sky in a hot air balloon, go rock climbing, raft down the turbulent river on tires (tubing) past bars with strong drinks, you can’t count everything.
Go next : The picturesque rice terraces. / Tham Hoi cave – Also Known As Snail Cave, 13km north of Vang Vieng, the entrance to Tham Hoi is guarded by a large Buddha statue.