Mui Ne is a fishing village in Vietnam. It is located in the province of Binh Thuan, about 220 km from Ho Chi Minh City, and since 1999, the town administratively belongs to the provincial capital Phan Thiết.
The place was known for its sand dunes and its bathing and kitesurfing tourism. The first foreign tourists discovered the sand dunes and beaches of the area on the occasion of the solar eclipse of October 24, 1995. Mui Ne and the other rural outskirts of Phan Thiets extend for about 50 kilometers along the coast of the South China Sea, which is called “East Sea” in Vietnam. The fine sandy, coconut palm fringed beaches on the bay of Mui Ne have been transformed into a tourist center since the mid-1990s.
Mui Ne has two beaches: Ganh Beach and Suoi Nuoc Beach, which are lined up with a number of resorts, shops and restaurants. Rang Beach, in the neighboring district of Ham Tien, which stretches west of Mui Ne for over ten kilometers along the bay to Phu Hai, with hundreds of resorts and hotels, restaurants, bars, shops and cafes, is the most developed tourist destination.
The strong winds on the Mui Ne Cape make these beaches ideal for kite and windsurfing. The peak season is from December to April, the wettest months are traditionally September and October. Average temperature is 27 ° C, and the climate is hot and dry throughout the year.
Access : Coordinates: 10.933333, 108.283333 / By plane : The nearest airport is over 200 kilometers away in Ho Chi Minh City , Every day the airline VASCO (Vietnam Air Service Company) flies to Buon Ma Thuot, Can Tho, Dalat, Dien Bien Phu, Dong Hoi, Nha Trang (Cam Ranh), Pleiku, Quy Nhon, Rach Gia, Tam Ky, Thanh Hoa, Tuy Hoa and Vinh. The subsidiary VASCO (Vietnam Air Service Company) uses propeller aircraft to operate routes from Ho Chi Minh City to smaller airports in the south.
By train :
12 kilometers west of the provincial capital Phan Thiết , which is 22 kilometers away, M Bahnhofng Man station is located on the north-south main line. The 12 kilometers to the city serves a regional train.
By road : Buses run from Ho Chi Minh City via Phan Thiết directly to Mui Ne. If known to the drivers, one is left directly in front of the desired hotel from the bus. This option should be used, as the hotels are all on the only street, but there are spread over a distance of 10 km. The journey takes about 4 hours.
By taxi :
You might consider coming to Mui Ne from Saigon by taxi, instead of open bus , The ride by taxi takes 4-5 hours, Get around : Bicycles and mopeds can be borrowed from many hotels, restaurants and tour agencies. The prices are sometimes very different, so you should compare and act.
- Red sand dunes. They are a short distance behind the village and can be easily reached by taxi, moped or bicycle. Also organized tours to the dunes are offered. Particularly popular with children is also slipping on the dunes.
- The market and the fishing port are a nice destination for a long walk.
- Fish Sauce Plants : where the famous nuoc mam (fish sauce) is produced.
- Suoi Tien ( Fairy Stream ) a little creek that winds its way through bamboo forests, boulders and the dunes behind the village
- The White Sand Dunes : approximately 45 km away from the Ham Tien , and 24 km from the Red Sand Dunes
- Mui Ne , Beach Location: Phan Thiet / Po Shanu Cham Towers , Ong Hoang Hill, Phan Thiet – Mui Ne / The Prince’s Castle , The Prince’s Castle, set atop Ong Hoang Hill, offers breathtaking views of Mui Ne’s , surrounding hills, coastline and countryside , Location: Ong Hoang Hill, Phan Thiet – Mui Ne.
- Van Thuy Tu Temple , Van Thuy Tu Temple is the largest and oldest whale temple in Phan Thiet , Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 17:00 Address: 54 Ngu Ong Street, Phan Thiet Price Range: VND 10,000
- Ta Cu Mountain , rare wildlife, limestone caves, and ornate Buddhist structures , Location: Ham Thuan Nam, Binh Thuan, Phan Thiet – Mui Ne Price Range: VND 160,000 return fare.
Activities : Hot Air Balloon ride over white sand dunes / rent quad bikes and dune buggies to explore Red Sand Dunes / dining and shopping at the luxurious beachfront resorts. / Kitesurfing , From November till March you generally will have strong winds every day , Kite surfing instruction is available.
Day tours / Sailing, Manta Sail Training Centre , Classes are available / Surfing , Lessons, day trips and rentals are available / Windsurfing / water sports : kayaking, paddle surfing, and jet ski rentals / Swimming.