The The Tank Monument was erected in the city of Tiraspol, in the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic on Suvorov Square at the Glory Memorial.
The Tank T-34-85, installed at the Memorial as a monument to the fallen soldiers, and it was transported from Hungary in April 1945. Under it is a capsule with earth brought from the Russian city of Volgograd, as stated on a plate with the inscription:
“The Sacred Land of Mamaev Kurgan, stained with the blood of those who, without sparing their lives, laid the foundation for the expulsion of fascism from our Native Land. 9. V. 1968.”
Access : Coordinates: 46.835735, 29.608876 / The monument tank “T-34-85” is located on a hill, in the center of the city of Tiraspol – the capital of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic.
- The Tank Monument is a memorial dedicated to the wars that died during the hostilities. It includes a wall of memory, a T-34 battle tank, a chapel, a sculpture “Grieving Mother”, an eternal flame.
- Under the tank is a capsule with earth brought from the hero city of Volgograd.
- The author of the memorial is a well-known European architect, Austrian by origin, Harry Phifermacher, who was born in Tbilisi in 1942.
- Free access, you can touch, climb. There is no security.The state of the monument is good.
- The T-34-85 is a Soviet medium tank from the Second World War.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / you can stroll around the city to find delicious restaurants with local Moldovan wine.
Go next : Monument to M.V. Frunze in Tiraspol / Avenue of Roses is another monument to the defenders of Transnistria.