Tiraspol – a city in the east of Moldova – the capital and administrative centre of the unrecognised Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (Pridnestrovie). on the left bank of the Dniester, the capital of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic. the second most populous city located within the official borders of Moldova (after Chisinau), and the largest in Transnistria.
It was founded in 1792 by special order of Alexander Suvorov, and in 1795 received the status of a city.
The capital of the PMR is one of the most visited by tourists cities of Transnistria and has a significant potential of cultural and historical values: the city has partially preserved the middle fortress and architectural monuments of the XIX-XX centuries, in Tiraspol there are five museums, the state theater of drama and comedy, six club institutions and the state cultural center “Palace of the Republic”.
Access : Coordinates: 46.840278, 29.643333 / Tiraspol is located approximately 105 km from Odessa and 75 km from Chisinau, with which it is connected by road and rail, located on the left bank of the Dniester River, 90 km from its confluence with the Dniester estuary
/ By bus : Regular lines also serve Bendery, Causeni, Odessa and other Ukrainian and Moldovan cities.
- Suvorov Square is the center of Tiraspol. In terms of architectur, but almost all iconic city objects are located on the square itself or nearby.
- The building of the Supreme Council and the Government, st. October 25. Built in the mid-1980s, the building is a typical rudiment of the Soviet era, interesting not for architecture, but for the very fact of its appearance.
- Tiraspol Fortress : From the rather big fortress, built by the efforts of Suvorov in 1792-95, only earthen ramparts and a squat building of a powder magazine, standing alone against the background of panel high-rise buildings, remained. Inside the museum of the history of the Tiraspol Fortress with obscure opening hours and a couple of polished before.
- Temple of Revelation : Christian Orthodox Temple in Tiraspol in the Diocese of Tiraspol, Diocese of Tiraspol and Dubăsari , in Kirov Park. Was originally the church of the cemetery that used to be there.
- “Christ’s Consecration” Cathedral : Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Tiraspol in the Diocese of Tiraspol, Diocese of Tiraspol and Dubăsari ,ul. Shevchenko Built in 2000.
- Government and Supreme Soviet : State Council building , 45 ul. 25 Oktjabrja / Wetschny ogon (Вечный огонь, Eternal Flame) (in the center of the memorial). Open: continuously public Access.
- Pamjatnik Tank – tank memorial : ul. 25 Oktjabrja (on the east side of the memorial). The T-34 tank from World War II is erected as a memorial to soldiers who died in the war and was taken over by Hungary in April 1945.
- memorial to the war in Afghanistan – the war of the sons of Afghanistan in 1979 – memorial “Sons of the Fatherland” (left-wing memorial “Sons of the Fatherland 89”) the fallen soldiers on the western side of the memorial). Open: continuously public. Access
- memorial for the fallen soldiers of the defenders of 1992 : Prwanda commemorates the defenders of the fallen in 1992 from Prwanda the western side of the memorial. Open: continuously public Access.
- A.W. Suvorov Monument : ul. 25 Oktjabrja (located in the middle on the south side of the green area of the same name). Equestrian monument for Alexander Wassiljewitsch Suworow-Rymnikski, count and general at the Russian Tsar’s court. In 1791 he founded Odessa and built the Tiraspol fortress, which no longer exists by 1792, and is therefore considered the founder of the city. Open: continuously public. Access
- W. I. Lenin bust : Located on the square in front of the State Council building of the Supreme Soviet). Open: continuously public. Access / Museum of the headquarters of the Kotovsky cavalry brigade.
- Monument to the first power plant, at the beginning of st. the 25th of October. A 1984 monument, showing that even at this time and even in such a conservative place as Transnistria there was a place for experiments with form and style.
- Air Force Monument : A discarded MiG on a concrete base in a small park / “Tiraspolski obedinenny musei” The museum building also houses an art gallery with over 3000 works of art. / Museum of Archeology of Transnistria, st. October 25, 107 (building “A”, office 314, 3rd floor).
- Museum of Popular Traditions and Crafts : 81 Shevchenko Street (on the corner of Suvorov Street) / Memorial House-Museum N. D. Selinski : A memorial opened in 1987 for the Russian biochemist Nikolai Dmitrijewitsch Selinski, who was born in Tiraspol in 1861.
- October 25th street). is Tiraspol’s main axis with shops and restaurants / Park “Pobeda” (“Победа” Парк, “Victory” Park). Park for culture and leisure. Open: continuously public. Access / Botanical Garden : round forty hectares of well-tended grounds.
- Park «im. Кirova ” : The park around the Temple of Revelation used to be a cemetery. Named after Sergei Mironowitsch Kirov, an important Soviet state and party functionary / Other attractions of the city include the preserved powder magazine of the Tiraspol earthen fortress, the botanical garden and the Transnistrian State Theater of Drama and Comedy, the oldest theater in Soviet Moldova.
- The building of the women’s gymnasium : per. Bochkovskogo, 2. Built in 1903, the two-storey building of the gymnasium brings a pleasant variety to the brutal monumentalism of the main Tiraspol square.
- Monument to the Pridnestrovian ruble : st. October 25, 73 (in front of the building of the Republican Bank). Not every country erects a monument to its currency, but in Pridnestrovie this is a matter of special pride: of all the unrecognized post-Soviet republics, only here have their own banknotes. The monument was opened in 2014 for the 20th anniversary of the PMR ruble.
- Monument to Kotovsky (in the park of culture and recreation). The oldest surviving monument in Tiraspol is dedicated not to Suvorov, not to Academician Zelinsky or even to Lenin, but to the red commander Grishka Kotovsky, whose efforts the left bank of the Dniester remained after the Civil War as part of the USSR. The monument was erected in 1960.
- You can swim on the town beach along the Dniester river in summer, There is an official bathing area on the Dniestr, where you can also swim in the river.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / You can swim on the town beach along the Dniester river in summer, You can also go jogging and walking along the river. / From the city you can make half-day and full-day trips in the area.
Go next : Bendery , a city in the unrecognized republic of Transnistria, on the west or right bank of the Dniestr River. / Chișinău – The Moldovan capital. / Odessa – Lively port city on the Black Sea.