Fonni is the highest mountain village (1000 m). in Sardinia, in the province of Nuoro ,Italy.
located at an altitude of 1,000 meters ,Among beautiful landscapes with chestnut forests. Fonni is winter sports center with cable car to Monte Spada and Bruncu Spina. Inside the town you can see the beautiful murals painted on the walls of the houses, which represent glimpses of daily life and events of historical-political importance.
many travelers choose to visit its territory for the beauty of the landscapes and the richness of the flora and fauna.
Access : Coordinates: 40.116667, 9.25 /
- The sanctuary of the Madonna dei Martiri is a religious architectural complex in Fonni, Sardinia.
- The nearby peak of Bruncu Spina 1840 meters and that of Monte Spada make it a tourist destination for skiing and snow enthusiasts.
- In the municipal territory there are at least 40 nuraghi, numerous menhirs, various domus de janas and at least two giants’ tombs.
- Saint John the Baptist is considered the patron saint of the locality. The holiday is celebrated annually on June 24.
- This is the homeland of the Fonnese shepherd, an endemic dog breed in great demand for the defense of both properties and flocks.
Go next : Nuoro / The giants’ tombs – tumbas de sos mannos / The Nuragic sanctuary of Gremanu