The Jaunmoku pils or Jaunmoku palace – Jaunmokas Manor House is a stately home in the historical region of Semigalia, in the Tukum Municipality of Latvia.
Jaunmokas manor belonged to the Brigen family in 1536–1781. In 1892, the manor was owned by George Armitstead, the mayor of Riga. From 1904 to 1910, the manor was owned by the Brinken family, then the Ungern-Sternberg family. Before the transfer, Vilhelm Freimanis was the last owner of the rather small manor of 1394 hectares. Today, the manor houses a forestry museum.
Jaunmokas pils was built in 1901 as a hunting castle for George Armitstead. The architect was Wilhelm Ludwig Nicholas Bockslaff and the building is neo-Gothic. The manor complex also includes a stable building with columns and a park with ponds.
Since 1992, interiors began to be equipped on the first floor of the palace, and a museum exposition, the basis of which is the Forestry Museum, on the second floor.
Today The neo-Gothic style hunting manor and its complex is a fabulous place for families, individual travelers and groups, as well as a venue for events.
Access : Coordinates: 56.9816, 23.054 / Jaunmoku Manor is located in the picturesque hills of Kurzeme, on the side of the Riga-Ventspils highway, only 75 kilometers from Riga.
- In 1992, the estate came under the jurisdiction of the Republic of Latvia, and since 2000 it has been owned by the state enterprise “Latvian State Forests”. The building of the estate is included in the register of architectural monuments of national importance under the number 8548, the tiled stove as a monument of art, under the number 4449, is subject to state protection separately.
- The functional layout of the interior and the luxurious tiled stoves were made in the 19th and 20th centuries. in the typical Art Nouveau style.
- opening hours : Every day from 9:00 to 17:00 / Entrance fee to the museum: For students – 1.00 EUR, Adults – EUR 3.50
Go next : Engure, a place in Latvia on the Gulf of Riga / Lestene , a place in western Latvia, not far from Jaunpils, located on the river Lestene.