Rote Island (The Rote Islands, also known as the Roti Islands, are an archipelago in the East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia.) is an island that belongs to the province of Nusa Tenggara Timur.
These islands are the southernmost region of Indonesia. This area is famous for the peculiarities of lontar cultivation, coastal nature tourism, sasando music, and Ti’i langga traditional hats.
The largest settlement is the city of Baa, located on the northern coast of the island. There is a ferry service to Kupang. The local economy is based on agriculture and fishing.
Rote is the southernmost archipelago in Indonesia and is included in the Province of East Nusa Tenggara . The area consisting of dozens of islands with six inhabited islands is known as one of the “paradise” of beaches and seas in Indonesia.
Access : Coordinates: -10.75, 123.133333 / The island is connected by daily ferry to Kupang in the west of the island of Timor. The trip takes about 4 hours.
- Top sights in Rote Islands : Nembrala beach offers a good quality surf spot, with a very regular coral break to the left.
- On Rote is the fishing village of Papela. According to tradition, Papela was founded in the 16th century as a base for shark and trepang (sea cucumber) fishing in the islands and reefs between Roti and northwestern Australia.
- Batu Termanu : Natural scenery combined with large rocks one of the best Spot to see the sunset on Rote Island / Mulut Seribu Beach / Bo’a Beach / Nembrala is a beach on Rote Island, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.
- Oeseli Beach : Located in Oeseli Village, Southwest Rote District, this beach will be crowded with young people from the local village on holidays.
- Telaga Nirwana : A Big nature swimming pool-Lake Beach / Pantai Tiang Bendera, Beach is a tourist attraction with a spot to enjoy the sunset / Mulut Seribu Beach.
- Tolanamon Beach : Tolanamon Beach is located in Inaoe Village, South Rote / Sulimatan Baths : freshwater pool known as Mamen Baths by local residents.
Go next : Kupang , the capital of the Indonesian province of East Nusa Tenggara / Pada, is a small island located between Komodo and Rinca islands.