Kazimierz Dolny is a picturesque town , in Lublin Voivodeship and in Puławy County, in Poland.
Kazimierz Dolny enjoyed great prosperity in the 16th century and the first half of the 17th century, due to the grain trade that took place along the Vistula river. After trade was reduced, economic development was also reduced, which enabled the city to preserve its Renaissance-looking urban plan. Since the 19th century the city has become a popular resting place that has attracted artists and holidaymakers.
Tourist attractions such as monuments, nature and the proximity of the Vistula River are a combination that is difficult to resist.
Access : Coordinates: 51.316667, 21.95 / You can travel from Germany via Berlin and Łódź and Kielce on the expanded A2 motorway./By plane : The nearest airports are: Lublin, Rzeszów and Warsaw.
- Kazimierz Dolny is one of Poland’s artistic centers, many painters retire here to paint and then sell their works./ The charming market square of Kazimierz Dolny.
- The boulevards on the Vistula are also undoubtedly a tourist attraction of Kazimierz Dolny. It is worth taking a walk along them both during the day and at sunset.
- The two most famous town houses are Zum Heiligen Nikolaus and Zum Heiligen Christophorus on the market square. Their facades are decorated with mannerist stone carving from the end of the 16th century.
- Defense tower. built in the 13th century in the Gothic style. Destroyed in 1655 / Ruin of the royal castle. built from 1300 in the Gothic style. Expanded into a castle in the style of the Lublin Renaissance style. Destroyed in 1655
- Franciscan monastery. built 1638–1668 in the style of the late Lublin Renaissance / Heiliggeistspital. In the style of the Lublin Renaissance of 1635.
- Parish Church of St. John and St. Bartholomew. built in 1586 in the style of the early Lublin Renaissance / Renaissance bust by Mikołaja Przybyły. Choir stalls from the early 17th century.
- Marienkirche. built in 1589 in the style of the early Lublin Renaissance / Anna Church. built in 1671 in the style of the late Lublin Renaissance / Christ Chapel at the Lublin Gate. built in 1588.
- Granary Ulanowski, in a granary from the 16th century. Today a natural history museum. / Nowakowski warehouse from the late 16th century / Mannerist Celej house from 1630. Today a museum.
- Tenement Houses : Wooden houses from the 18th and 19th centuries on the Kleiner Markt and the side streets. / Gdansk house from the late baroque from 1795 / Mannerist Celej house from 1630. Today a museum.
- Renaissance fountain in the market / The Vistula River Museum.
- 18th century synagogue / The Jewish presence : The small Jewish community has been present in the city since the time of King Casimiro I the Great in the 14th century / Old Jewish Cemetery. The old Jewish cemetery from around 1600 is located two kilometers from the market square.
- The popular Ravine Dół : The Kazmierz Dolny area twisted tree roots create a surral, fairy-tale landscape, which is an inspiration to many painters.The trail is not long, it is easy to cover when it is dry. Parking is close to attractions, 5 zlotys per hour, the gorge itself is free for now.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / Kazimierz Dolny is ideal as a station for hiking, cycling or canoe tours./ shopping.
Go next : visit the interesting Castle in Janowiec / Lublin — the biggest city and capital of the region / Nałęczów — spa near Kazimierz Dolny. / Puławy – the largest city on the Vistula river between Krakow and Warsaw.