Managaha is an uninhabited island in the Northern Mariana Islands that faces the west coast of Saipan, in the Northern Mariana Islands ( The Northern Mariana Islands, officially Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, is one of fourteen unincorporated territories and one of the two free states associated with self-government status of the United States of America. It consists of fourteen northern islands of the Mariana Islands, located between Hawaii and the Philippines and north of Guam – Micronesia, in northwest Oceania-, is the home of tropical and subtropical islands in the Pacific Ocean . The islands include Saipán, Tinián and Rota, ) American territory in the Pacific Ocean.
The whole area of the island is designated as a National Marine Park, and there are some strict rules. Accommodation on the island is prohibited and you can enter the island from 9am to 5pm. From this point on, all the facilities on the island will be shut down. For environmental conservation, the use of water motorcycles on the island is prohibited, and fishing is also prohibited. The island has facilities such as restaurants, shops, dressing rooms, coin lockers, and showers.
It has long been known as a sacred place because of the tomb of Captain Agurubu. of the Carolinas Islands was buried.
It is a mecca for marine activities in Saipan, as it is a 10 minute drive from Garapan, but with a white sandy beach and a highly transparent sea, you can experience all kinds of marine sports and attractions. For this reason, it has been awarded the first place in the “Dive & Travel Awards Overseas Best Snorkeling Category” for 10 consecutive years, (*) Best beach category of Dive & Travel Award (Monthly “Marine Diving” / Underwater Modeling Center).
Access : Coordinates: 15.2414, 145.7127 / Location : Saipan and Northern Mariana Islands / Managaha Island is easily accessible from Saipan Island – Ship services from Garapan are common. It takes about 30 minutes by large ship from Garapan to Managaha Island. A fast boat will arrive in about 5 minutes. In the case of a large ship, an island tax is included in the price. Some tour operators carry banana boats and parasailing Ship services from Garapan are common. It takes about 30 minutes by large ship from Garapan to Managaha Island. A fast boat will arrive in about 5 minutes. In the case of a large ship, an island tax is included in the price. Some tour operators carry banana boats and parasailing
The most common method is to apply for an optional tour by a local tour operator. There are free guidebooks at hotels and restaurants in Saipan.
- The island also has remnants of Japanese fortifications from World War II. The entire island is listed on the United States National Register of Historic Places as a historic district.
- Although it has no permanent residents, Managaha is popular with Saipan tourists as a day-trip destination, due to its wide sandy beaches and a series of marine activities that they carry out, including snorkeling, parasailing and jet skiing
- Tomb of Captain Agrub : Managaha Island is regarded as a sacred island as well as a resting island because of the tomb of Captain Agurubu at the center of the palm tree forest on Managaha Island . Therefore, it is said that the spirit will come to prank if the island is soiled or damaged, or if the island is taken home without permission.
- Banyan tree : Behind the chief’s grave is a large banyan tree that grows naturally, making it a power spot. The banyan tree is called the tree of spirits, the tree of Takou, and it is said that if you take a picture in front of this banyan tree, God will protect you for a lifetime.
- Snorkeling : The island is so distant that you have come to a real paradise, and it is the most popular snorkeling spot in Marianas.Tropical fish can be seen clearly from the top of the pier, and many fish and trouts will welcome you when you enter the sea
- beaches : If want to know more about beautiful beaches! There are many beaches in Mariana, Lifeguards also watch over the swimming area. Managaha Island, a marine activity paradise surrounded by white sand and coral reefs.
- Bird-watching, Mañagaha hosts a colony of breeding Wedge-tailed Shearwaters.
Tip : Since Managaha Island closes at 16:00, the last flight is at 16:00. There are no boats on the island and there are no lodging facilities.The island is fully equipped with showers, toilets, changing places and lockers for valuables.
Activities : Diving / Marine Sports / Snorkeling / Sunset cruise / sightseeing / photo opportunities – Travel Photography / beach snorkel tours and boat snorkel tours / bubble maker, banana boat, kayak, stand up paddle. / Take a photo in front of the godly banyan tree / enjoy a tropical drink.
Go next : Saipan Island , Saipan is the largest of the Northern Mariana Islands. / Tinian is one of the Northern Mariana Islands in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands,