Perranport is a small resort town on the north coast of Cornwall County (England, United-Kingdom),
The city is formed along the main street – St Piran’s Road, where numerous shops, cafes and bars are located. Along the sea coast lies a five-kilometer landscaped beach, which from May to September is a popular place for families. The direction and strength of the winds are favorable for surfing and kitesurfing.
Access : Coordinates: 50.3437, -5.1546 / Location: Perranport, Cornwall, England, UK / You can get to Perranport by train from London, by bus from other cities, by taxi or by rented car. Near the beach there are several spacious parking lots.
/ Perranporth located in the county of Cornwall and the county of England, in the southern part of the country, 400 km west of the capital London.
- The name comes from the Cornish Porthpyran and literally means “St. Piran’s Bay”, in honor of the Irish hermit, the patron saint of Cornwall, who founded a monastery in these places in the 7th century AD.
- The city has an airfield, created in 1941 as the base of the British Air Force fighters. Since 1946, the airfield has only civilian significance.
- Perranport Beach : The five-kilometer territory, surrounded by rocks, is covered with fine light sand and stone blocks of various shapes and sizes.
- Perranporth – Arch Rock , interesting rock formations. At the southern end of Perranporth beach / St Piran’s Oratory , Ancient church in the dunes.
- Perranporth Museum / Perranporth to St Agnes Clifftop Walk , this walk is fairly level and provides excellent cliff top walking.
Events : Perranport hosts an international Celtic festival every October.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking – Walking – South West Coast Path / swimming / Perranporth Golf Club / Sea Safaris & Fishing / Cycling – The Camel Trail / Horse Riding / Kayaking – Surf School.
Go next : Fistral Beach , Fistral is a favorite place for UK surfers / Port Beach is an incredibly scenic stretch of coastline / The golden Watergate Bay Beach is great for walking and playing sports.