Ko Po Da Nai (or also Ko Poda) is an uninhabited island off the west coast of Thailand, in the province of Krabi.
The Ko Poda is one kilometer long and about 600 meters wide.It is situated 1.9 km north of Ko Po Da Nok Island and about 5.5 km southwest of Railay Beach. In addition, smaller islands are located nearby: Ko Ma Tang Ming about 750 to the north or Ko Mor and Ko Thap about 1100–2000 m to the south.
The central part of the island is occupied by high cliffs, and next to them is a snow-white beach.The southern part of the island is almost deserted, all organized groups of tourists stop at the northern beach.
The island is part of the Mu Ko Poda, or Poda group of islands, which are administered by Hat Nopparat Tara – Mu Ko Phi Pi National Park. The group consists of Ko Poda, Ko Kai, Ko Mo and Ko Thap.The main attractions of the island of Poda are rocks, up to 100 meters high and a sandy beach. On the island you can sunbathe, swim near the coast and snorkel, admiring the colorful fish.
Access : Coordinates: 7.971389, 98.808611 / Ko Poda Island or is located about 7 km by sea from Ao Nang Beach. You can only get to the island by boat./ Public boat – longtail boat, which departs from Ao Nang Beach from 8:00 to 16:00.
- Poda Island is the territory of the Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park and its visit is paid. The official cost is 400 baht per person.
- Ko Poda as part of an excursion. One of the popular excursions that can be bought in Ao Nang and on the neighboring beaches is called “4 Islands”. During this excursion, you will visit Poda Island, Tub, Chicken and Pranang Beach on Railay Peninsula.
- The island-rock Koh Ma Tang Ming, sticking out of the sea for almost 100 meters. Fish swim near the stones, but there are very few of them and snorkeling on this island
- The sand on Poda Island is white and pure, the sea is turquoise, very clean and very warm. In general – an ideal place for swimming.
- The island is famous for its fun for rock climbers – Deep Water Solo. Its essence lies in the fact that the participants climb directly from the boat onto the rock and jump into the water.
- Infrastructure on the island is poorly developed, but, in any case, boats deliver food and soft drinks here, and on the beach itself you can buy ordinary Thai dishes
- Snorkeling is very popular on Poda, as on all the islands of the Andaman coast. Ma Tang Ming Rock, located in the sea north of Poda, is an excellent diving site.
Go next : The popular resort of Ao Nang / Tub Island / Chicken Island / Hong (Hong Island) / Bamboo Island.