Pagang Island a small island which is located in Bungus Teluk Kabung District, Pesisir Selatan Regency, West Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
Pagang Island has an area of about 10 hectares, the island is facing directly to Indian Ocean and is about thirteen kilometers from Padang city , and is home to a number of ornamental fish and beautiful coral reefs under the sea.Understandably, Pagang Island is actually only a transit place for fishermen who want to rest for a while after returning to sea. There are also some fishermen who live on Pagang Island. Because it is classified as unspoiled, the facilities on Pagang Island are quite minimal.
The beach here is quite beautiful with a stunning panorama of the green hills of Sumatra. Plus, the clean white sand combined with the clear blue sea water, there are many activities that you can do on this island, such as fishing, snorkeling to camping.
Access : Coordinates: 1°09’28.1″S 100°21’05.8″E / Pagang Island is still part of the Pesisir Selatan Regency, West Sumatra. You can go to Pagang Island through 2 routes, namely from Padang City or via Pesisir Selatan Regency. If you depart from Padang, you just need to take public transportation (angkot) to Muaro Harbor, then rent a motorboat that is ready to take you across to Pagang Island.
- The natural beauty of Pagang Island lies in its white sandy beaches and blue sea water and its pristine conditions. The tourism potential on this island is in the form of marine tourism which is generally carried out by tourists, including: swimming, sunbathing, diving.
- If you want to stay overnight, then on Pagang Island there are also several lodging places available. On this deserted and exotic island, there are several standard facilities such as bathrooms and electricity.
- There is a snorkeling equipment rental place. The underwater scenery is very good, making snorkeling an activity that must be done when visiting Pagang Island.
- The tourists can stay on this island because they already have cottage tourism facilities as many as 3 units, 9 rooms. To relax, tourists can use 4 units of Gazebo facilities. The island is also used as a camping ground for nature lovers.There are many fun activities that you can do. Starting from traveling around the island, playing on the beach to snorkeling greeting beautiful fish.
- To enter Pagang Island, reportedly you have to pay an entrance ticket for IDR 35 thousand.
- Besides Pagang Island, there is also an island hopping option that is no less cool. Starting from Pasumpahan, Swarnadwipa, to Sirandah.
Go next : Bungus , a locality in West Sumatra / Pamutusan island / Pasumpahan island / Sikuai and Cibudak Islands in Padang Bay, West Sumatra.