Port Richey is a city in Pasco County in the US state of Florida.Port Richey is located at the mouth of the Pithlachascotee River in the Gulf of Mexico on the west coast of Florida. The city is bordered to the south by New Port Richey, about 55 km northwest of Tampa.
Οn July 9, 1884 Aaron M. Richey arrived from St. Joseph, Missouri,and settled near the mouth of the Pithlachascotee River and established a post office in his home.
Port Richey was incorporated as a municipality in 1925, in response to the incorporation of New Port Richey the previous year. The name Port Richey is older than the name New Port Richey, as the post offices were established in 1884 and 1915, respectively
Access : Coordinates: 28.274722, -82.723056 / Port Richey is located at the mouth of the Pithlachascotee River in the Gulf of Mexico on the west coast of Florida. The city is bordered to the south by New Port Richey, about 55 km northwest of Tampa.
U.S. Highway 19 passes through the city , / Tampa International Airport is approximately 50 km (30 Miles) away .
Get around: There are taxis available ,the public transportation in the city is limited , best way to get around is to Hire a car./Pasco County Public Transportation , County provided bus service that has a variety of routes.
- Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park , 9120 Old Post Rd, Port Richey, 8 a.m. to sunset , Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park is a Florida State Park located in Pasco County, Florida near Port Richey, Florida along the Gulf of Mexico on the Atlantic coastal plain.
- Lyon’s Head Antique Mall , 10447 US Highway 19, Port Richey, FL 34668-3133 , Antique Mall , Large selection of antiques and items that folks like to collect with Nice displays
- Gulf View Square , Gulf View Square is an enclosed mall in Port Richey, Florida. Opened in 1980, it is anchored by Best Buy, Dillard’s, TJ Maxx, and Ulta Beauty. It is owned by Namdar Realty Group.
- Gill Dawg Marina , Boat rental , cruise with guide , live music, cocktails Food and Service , assistance – tips on navigating the channel,renting kayaks and paddling
- Regal Hollywood 18 , 6701 Cinema Dr, Port Richey, FL 34668-3645 , Well maintained large theater with first-run movies and lots of screens.
- Brasher Park , 4951 Koons Dr, Port Richey, FL 34668 , a small park with picnic tables, set of restrooms and a playscape for kids , kayak launch spot with limited parking ,
Activities : Kayaking , fishing and paddling the inlets and bayous at Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park / Golf , Congo River Golf / stroll in the Bayous / sunset cruise with guide / Boat Tours
/ Deep Sea Fishing charters / Island Boat Charters / SpinNations Skating Center / shopping / Tropical Breeze Casino
Go next : Citrus County , Homosassa / Tampa / New Port Richey / Saint Petersburg (Florida) / Tarpon Springs