Samal, is a city in in the province of Davao del Norte,in the Davao Region in Mindanao, Philippines.
The city includes the island of the same name and the island of Talicod, located in the Gulf of Davao, opposite the city of Davao. The current city, recognized as such in 1998, was born from the union of the three ancient municipalities of Samal, Babak and Kaputian.It extends over the two islands of Garden City of Samal and Talikud located in the Gulf of Davao.
This is the largest resort city in the Philippines, with beautiful beaches and many seaside resorts. The city also has many coral reefs and still waters that help attract tourists to visit, especially at Talikud Island.
Access : Coordinates: 7.05, 125.73 / Samal, is a city in in the province of Davao del Norte,in the Davao Region in Mindanao,Philippines.
- Island Garden City of Samal consists of a group of 9 islands in the Gulf of Davao. It is located a few kilometers east of Davao City. The largest of the islands in its urban area is called Samal Island, the second largest is Talikud Island.
- The Philippine Department of Tourism ranks Samal as one of the best tourist islands in Mindanao and a fast-growing tourist destination in the country. Tourism is thus the main source of income for the city.
- The area is a total of 12 km wide and 30 km long and has numerous beach resorts along its 118 km long coastline.
- Due to its numerous coral reefs, the island city is also a paradise for divers and snorkelers.
- Top sights in Samal : The most famous and worth seeing is the Pearl Farm Beach Resort, there are a number of other attractions: bat cave, dolphin sightings, mountain tours and mountain biking, diving etc.
Go next : Davao, the largest city on the Philippines’ second-largest island, Mindanao / Panabo , a city in Davao Region / Tagum , the capital city of the province of Davao del Norte.