A charming beach with a wrecked ship in the middle ,located near the town of Filfila , in Skikda Province, Algeria.
The main feature of the beach is a broken boat that is located just a few meters from the shoreline. The magnificent beach located in the middle of a Ramsar-listed wetland of international importance, “Guerbaz” which is located to the east of Skikda, can boast of being one of the rare sites on the national coast to offer its visitors, sea and virgin nature.
The broken boat gave its name to the beach after carrying the name of the city of “Qorbaz” for dozens of years. Today considered one of the most prominent tourist destinations in Algeria. It is mainly summer visitors from Guelma, Constantine and Oum El Bouaghi, but also from elsewhere who frequent this beach with golden sand.
Access : Coordinates: 36°54’48.2″N 7°08’32.1″E / Sofia Beach located near the town of Filfila. – in Skikda Province, Algeria.
- The stranded ship Sofia is considered one of the most famous attractions in the state of Skikda.
- The main feature of the beach is a broken boat that is located just a few meters from the shoreline.
- It is a cargo ship belonging to the State of Malta that ran aground in the Algerian sea territory , In the winter of 2018, the ship was blown up by the Algerian navy during a training exercise, and it was divided into two parts.
- The ship exists to this day in Qurbaz and the two beaches opposite it were named Sofia Beach 1 and Sofia 2.
- this area has been listed since 2001 on the Ramsar classification of protected wetlands of global importance.
Go next : Oued Bibi Beach / Filfila, an Algerian town located in the Wilaya of Skikda, in Algeria. Filfila is situated 8 km west of Sophia beach / The town of Djendel (daira d’Azzaba).