Ao Nang is a small resort town in the province of Krabi ,about 15 km from Krabi Town. in southern Thailand. The small town is located on the eastern edge of the bay of Phang-nga, a sea inlet of the Andaman Sea.
The main beach in Ao Nang is the main starting point for boats to a number of places, including the nearby Railay resort , which can not be accessed by road: Poda Island and Chicken Island.
Access : Coordinates: 8.031389, 98.8225 / Ao Nang beach is about 15km from Krabi and about 25km from Krabi airport, From the city of Krabi we can go to Ao Nang Beach both by local bus and songthaew who regularly make this journey. Line buses and songthaew buses can be taken at the same bus station in Krabi Town and depart approximately every 15 min. The price is 50 bth per person.
How to go from the Krabi International Airport: From the airport itself and without the need to go to Krabi Town, buses depart daily to Ao Nang Beach. The price is 150 bth. (8 a.m. – 10 p.m.).
How to go from Koh Phi Phi: From the island there is a ferry service that allows you to connect Phi Phi with Ao Nang Beach.
- The main beach in Ao Nang : The main beach in Ao Nang is the main starting point for boats to a number of places, including the nearby Railay resort (or Rai Leh), which can not be accessed by road: Poda Island and Chicken Island.
- The Railay Peninsula with Railay Beach and Tonsai Beach : Railay Beach is the most famous beach in the area, and it is only accessible by sea. We warn you that it is mega tourist although very beautiful.
- Tub Kaek Beach : This is one of the beaches that we liked the most around Ao Nang. It is remote and hidden, therefore not very crowded.
- Nopparat Thara Beach : The beach of Nopparat Thara is less crowded, and if you walk to the end you will be almost alone!
- Klong Muang Beach : It is closer to Ao Nang than the previous one, although you also need a motorcycle to get there, since it is about 10 km away.
- Pai Plong Beach : before entering you have to sign up on a list with your name and time of arrival, considered by many people as the most beautiful beach in the world.
- Fossil Shell Beach : Susaan Hoi, or Fossil Shell Beach (literally Seashell Graveyard), is located at .Ban Laem Pho in Krabi, in the vicinity of Hat Noppharat Thara – Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park.compressed 40 million year old shellfish, which resemble concrete, Mo–Su: 08:00–16:30 , Admission: 200 baht for foreign adults, 100 baht for foreign kids
- Climb the thousand steps of the Tiger Cave Temple : The distance is about 20 km from Ao Nang.The entrance to the temple is free
Activities : Ao Nang’s nightlife / Hiking , Make the monkey trail to reach the beach of the Centara resort, possibly the best beach in Ao Nang / sightseeing / photo opportunities / find absolutely delicious cuisine / kayaking routes.
scuba diving / Rock climbing , The karst rocks of Krabi province are a popular climbing area / snorkeling / City tour with a tuk-tuk / Elephant back rides. organized by local agencies in the surrounding jungle. / Camping.
Boat tours to the Phi Phi islands.