The Gili Islands is an archipelago of three small islands or triplets of Gili Island – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air – off the northwest coast of Lombok, Indonesia.The Gili Islands are located 1 km northwest of Lombok.
The Gili Islands are very small, there is no transport here, horses with carts are like a taxi, you can also explore them on your own on foot,Bicycles, fishing boats and horse carts are used as vehicles. Therefore, on Gili it is secluded, quiet, calm, well, and almost like heaven.
on Trawangan – there is at least some semblance of an active tourist life – a whole street with hotels, cafes, bars and restaurants.The islands are a common destination for tourists seeking the experience of visiting a remote island.
Access : Coordinates: / By boat from Bali – from the ports in Sanur and Padangbai : you can get there in 1.5-2 hours ,Gili can be reached by speedboat. There are several companies that transport to the islands.
- The archipelago consists of 3 islands: Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno,Gili Air, or Gili Air : Gili Eir : The second largest island, with beaches around its perimeter. The coast is shallow enough , and in case of low tide, you can swim only in one place, where there is a small depression in the seabed.
- Gili Meno : Among the three islands, here is the most beautiful underwater life, it is here, to Meno, that tourists are brought in boats from Eir and Trawangan to snorkel and swim with sea turtles.
- Gili Trawangan : The largest and also has the most entertainment and tourist facilities , and main island Gili Trawangan, on which there are hotels, can be walked around in about two hours.Parties are organized every evening, except during Ramadan.
- beaches : On Trawangan, the most comfortable and convenient for swimming is the beach on the east side and north of the port,Also along the beach there are beach cafes and restaurants , Gili Meno : The water is great in the port, but people don’t swim there because of the boats.further north, north to west, there is a pleasant strip of sand where you can swim and snorkel.
Gili Air : It is believed that Gili Air has the most beautiful beaches, A magnificent beach begins from about Scallywags Resort.With white sand, easy entry into the water, beach bars, sun loungers and views of Lombok.In the north, you will find not only a strip of pleasant white sand that widens and narrows, but also a wide reef.West,One of the most picturesque places on the sunset beach is Pink Coco.A pink swing and a pink boat with an umbrella are exhibited in the water as sunset scenery.
the eastern beach of the island of Gili Air.convenient for swimming and snorkeling. With fish, turtles and an artificial reef.
- Turtle sanctuary : It possible in particular to discover the two species of sea turtles that inhabit the waters around the Gili: the green turtles and the hawksbill turtles.
- Surfing on Gili : you can surf on these islands. Gili Air has an excellent surf spot for experienced surfers. / Gili Meno Bird Park.
- Diving : The three islands have more than 40 diving centers, Trawangan more than 20, Meno 4, and Air about 20. Diving on Gili : There are many diving places around the island where you can see not only colorful fish, but also stingrays, manta rays, turtles or sharks.The most famous dive sites are Shark Point, Manta Point, and Simon’s Reef.
Activities : Snorkeling and swimming / island hopping / Scuba diving for all levels, from beginners to experienced divers / Relaxing on the beach and – or by the hotel swimming pool.
Go next : Bali, the famed “Island of the Gods” / Lombok, an island in the West Nusa Tenggara province of Indonesia. / Sumbawa is one of the 13,000 plus islands in the Indonesian archipelago.