Hrensko is a small village of approximately 275 inhabitants in the Usti nad Labem Region of the Czech Republic on the border with Germany.
About : The lowest-lying Czech village of Hrensko is the gateway to the Bohemian Switzerland National Park. The first information about Hrensko goes back to the beginning of the 15th century, when there was only a pub serving local woodcutters and swimmers. In later years, at the end of the 15th century, a timber storehouse, a mill and a first dwelling for the workers themselves, who gradually settled here, were at the Kamenice estuary. Over time, there was a lively timber trade, several sawmills, but also mills and the related grain trade. A lively trade took place here until the 19th century, when tourism began to develop slowly.
The village of Hrensko is a well-known tourist destination and a gateway to the Bohemian Switzerland National Park. The village lies at the confluence of the Elbe and Kamenice rivers on the border with Germany and with its elevation of 115 m above sea level is the lowest point in the Czech Republic. Despite the fact that it is the lowest situated village, the surrounding climate of sandstone rocks created conditions for the growth of mountain plants and you will find yourself here in the mountains.
Access : Coordinates: 50.874444, 14.2425 / By bus : Buses run according to timetable on the Decin – Hrensko – Mezni louka – Jetrichovice – Chribska – Doubice – Krasna Lipa line Sightseeing bus at given times along the route: Konigstein – Bad Schandau – Hrensko – Hrensko, Pravcicka brana – Mezni loukaKonigstein – Bad Schandau – Hrensko – Hrensko, Pravcicka brana – Mezni louka – Mezna. By Ferry : Ferry across the Elbe: Hrensko – Schona – Hrensko according to the timetable 1.4. – 30.9. from 8 to 22 hours, 1.10. – 31.3. from 9 am to 6 pm. Adult 20, – CZK, children 6 – 14 years old, dog, bicycle: 10 CZK , The cruise ship Poseidon is operated by the Elbe shipping company,
By bicycle : f you are a fan of in-line skating and cycling, we recommend using the newly built bike path from Decin to Schona. You can also get to this bike path comfortably from Hrensko, just use the German ferry, where you can also pay with Czech crowns. The bike path is part of the Hamburg – Vienna route. By Car: From the town of Decin to Hrensko
- Krinice Gorges – Ober Schleuse, Saxon Switzerland , The romantic gorge valley of the river Krinice, springs on the Czech side near the village of Studanka near Krasna Lipa. Then it winds and rises in Germany, where it flows into the Elbe near Bad Schandau.
- Pravcicka Gate – Hrensko, Czech Switzerland -Pravcicka brana – a symbol of the National Park Bohemian Switzerland, can be found in northern Bohemia, near the village of Hrensko. The Pravcicka brana (Pravcicka Gate) is the largest natural rock bridge in Europe with its dimensions (height of the opening 16 m, span of the arch at the bottom is 26.5 m and the width of the bridge 8 m). It is rightly called the pearl of this attractive area.
- Forest Adventure Area Rysi stezka – Mezni louka , In April 2015, Rysi stezka opened for visitors of Bohemian Switzerland in Mezni louka. The adventure area is acquainted with interesting and entertaining care with the care of local forests, their species diversity and historical development. The nature trail, which will be appreciated especially by families with children, is situated near the marked hiking trail leading from Mezni louka to Pravcicka gate. It consists of two circuits – red and blue, along with twenty interactive stations. A large information panel will introduce both the routes and their attractions at the beginning of the trail.
- Grazing Hill – unbelievable views of Saxon Switzerland and the Lusatian Mountains , The grazing hill rises above the village of Ruzova to a height of 402 m asl. The once-known pilgrimage site attracts tourists and nature lovers and beautiful views.
- Observation tower Janov near Hrensko – unique views , another attractive place, in the form of the iron tower of the same name. It will offer you a unique view of the picturesque area of Czech-Saxon Switzerland and you will be able to see Jested with good visibility.
- Schrammsteine – Schmilka, Saxon Switzerland , Scarred stones are heavily weathered and rugged massif at an altitude of 417 meters on the right bank of the Elbe, which you can watch from Schmilka to Bad Schandau.
- Saunstejn Castle , wild rock formation castle on the Czech side of Bohemian Switzerland
- Dolsky mlyn , Ruzova, Jetrichovice, Hrensko 40502, Czech Republic , The romantic Dolsky mlyn can be found at the confluence of the Kamenice and Jetrichovicka Bela rivers, approximately 1.5 km from the village of Kamenicka Stran and 3 km from Jetrichovice in the Bohemian Switzerland National Park. The ruins of the original three-wheel mill and saw come from 1515. Only the torso of the peripheral walls has been preserved from the original building. In 2007 Dolsky mlyn was declared a cultural monument.
- Edmund’s Gorge , Edmund’s Gorge, formerly known as Ticha or Dolni, the rocky canyon of the Kamenice River, the last of the three gorges on the lower course of the river, east of Hrensko. Its walls are steep, often perpendicular rock walls, rising above the water level to a height of 50 to 150 meters, with a noticeable cuboid decay of sandstone, some boulders have fallen to the bottom of the canyon.
Activities : Sightseeing , bicycle , cruise on the Elbe river , trekking , Hiking & Camping , Bus & Minivan Tours ,Day Trips.