Cape Tribulation is a headland and a village in northern Queensland, Australia. This is where the rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef collide.
The area’s original inhabitants are the Kuku Yalanji. Cape Tribulation, “Cape Adversity”, was so called by the English explorer James Cook on June 10, 1770, after his ship ran aground in the reef nearby, “because this is where all our troubles began”.
The first backpacker hostel was built in the 1980s and Cape Tribulation has been a tourist destination ever since.
Currently, Cape Tribulation is located within the Daintree National Park. On the cape, which is the Wet Tropics World Heritage nature reserve, there is a nature trail. The nearby bay has a beautiful beach. Cape Tribulation is visited in large numbers by tourists in winter.there are also small owners operated by eco-lodges hidden in the rainforest. Compared to many famous tourist destinations on the Queensland coast, Cape Tribulation is still a must-see destination.
Cape Tribulation is a UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Wet Tropics of Queensland.
Access : Coordinates: / The sealed road provides access to the area from the south via the Daintree River Ferry and with the current Cooper Creek bridge access solution all year round. North of Cape Tribulation Beach House, a four-wheeled road known as the Bloomfield Track, continues to the Bloomfield River, Wujal Wujal, Bloomfield Falls and Cooktown and is often closed during the rainy season (February to April).
- Daintree National Park : Daintree Rainforest is a national park in Far North Queensland, Australia, 1,757 km northwest of Brisbane and 100 km northwest of Cairns. It was founded in 1981 and is part of the Queensland humid tropics. In 1988 it became a World Heritage Site. Entrance fees:Adult: AUD$37.00 , Concession/Student: AUD$34, Child: AUD$18.00 (5 – 17 years), Family: AUD$90.00.
- There are four major resorts in the area offering more expensive luggage and tourist travelers, and some unique rainforest beds and breakfasts.
- Activities provided are 4WD tours, horse riding, jungle surfing, exotic fruit meal tours, electric mountain bike tours, guided hiking trails and crocodile cruises.
- The Daintree Entomological Museum which displays the collection of butterflies and beetles of the lifelong collector Steve Lamond is located 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) south of the Cape Tribulation.
- Cape Tribulation also has the only Conspiracy Museum in the world, where locals have compiled historical evidence and documents showing how for decades various governments and other individuals and organizations have made life difficult.The museum is located in the Rainforest Hideaway B&B which also has an interesting rainforest sculpture trail.
- The area has several walking routes from easy to difficult. Dubuji Boardwalk is a short walk from the main highway to the beach which has toilet and picnic facilities.
- Alexandra Lookout : 10 minutes north after you cross the Daintree River, located the famous Alexandra Lookout.
Activities : Daintree River Cruise / photo opportunities / Lunch in the rainforest, strolling along scenic beaches and river cruise / Rainforest BBQ
Go next : The Great Barrier Reef is located about 12 miles east / Port Douglas is a city on the Coral Sea coast in the north of the Australian state of Queensland, famous for its seaside resorts.