Dauphin Island is a city located on Dauphin Island in the US state of Alabama in Mobile County,
The city, which is on the barrier island of Dauphin in the Gulf of Mexico , The Dauphin Island which partially closes the bay of Mobile, is connected to the mainland American by a 4.8 km long two-lane road bridge built in 1955.
Although the island has several poultry reserves, the main one has an area of 167 acres is that of Audubon Bird Sanctuary. Dauphin Island is the first meeting place for birds that migrate north from South America, and as a consequence many species can be found before continuing with their travels.
Dauphin Island is connected with the mainland by a bridge (road 188), and with the opposite shore of the Mobilsky Gulf – a year-round ferry crossing, accessible for vehicles. Since the mid-1950s, the island has been visited annually by an increasing number of tourists, fishermen, yachtsmen, etc
Access : Coordinates: 30.256389, -88.125278 / It is connected with the mainland by a bridge (road 188), and with the opposite shore of the Mobilsky Gulf – a year-round ferry crossing, accessible for vehicles.
/ Mobile Bay Ferry offers year round service across Mobile Bay with at least one vessel. / The island is connected to the mainland by the Gordon Persons Bridge.- the Gordon Persons Bridge, carries a 3-mile (4.8 km), two-lane section of Alabama State Route 193 from mainland Mobile County,
- Fort Gaines : Historic Fort Gaines ,51 Bienville Boulevard, Dauphin Island, AL 36528, USA : Dauphin Island AL, 36528 , is an historic fort on Dauphin Island, it is best known for its role in the Battle of Mobile Bay during the American Civil War.Fees ,5-12 $4.00, 13 & up $8.00.
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab Estuarium , 101 Bienville Blvd, Dauphin Island, AL 36528-4603 , Open : 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm , The Estuarium is an exciting educational public aquarium highlighting the four key habitats of coastal Alabama.
- Dauphin Island Audubon Bird Sanctuary , Parking and admission is free , Great place to relax in nature, and the beach sand.
- Sand Island Lighthouse , Dauphin Island, AL , Open : 12:00 am – 11:59 pm , The Sand Island Lighthouse , is an inactive lighthouse located at the mouth of Mobile Bay, near Dauphin Island, in Baldwin County, Alabama.It has been entered in the National Register of Historic Places since November 12, 1975
- Dauphin Island Marina , 650 Lemoyne Dr, Dauphin Island, AL 36528-4456 , a Great place to have a picnic and swim ,You can also take chartered fishing trips here
- Dauphin Island Park And Beach , 51 Bienville Blvd, Fort Gaines, Dauphin Island, AL 36528Open today: 12:00 am – 11:59 pm , There is also a nice picnic area right on the water with shelters. There is also no restroom facilities nearby.
- Indian Shell Mound Park ,Iberville Drive, Dauphin Island, AL ,The park is free to visit. This park is located on and around a mound of, mainly oyster, this is Great place for spotting migrating birds!
- Alabama Coastal Birding Trail : Dauphin Island is part of The Coastal Birding Trail features six birding loops in Baldwin and Mobile counties totaling over 200 miles.
- Dauphin Island is also home to the Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo, the world’s largest saltwater fishing tournament (listed in Guinness World Records)
Activities : Private Inshore Charter / Tour of Mobile Alabama, Fort Gains / bird-watching , View Bird Migrations Across the Island / sightseeing / photo opportunities / swimming, and casual relaxing / Fishing is popular from the pier.
Events : Commemorative of the Battle of Mobile Bay , Aug 1st 2020 , 9am – 5pm,
Go next : Orange Beach , a city on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. / Fort Morgan located on the very edge of the sea ledge, on the western side the of Dauphin Island,