Lavertezzo is a village in the Verzascatal valley in the Verzasca region. It belongs to the Locarno region in the canton of Ticino in Switzerland.
Lavertezzo is considered a protected “city of Switzerland of national importance”.
The double-arched stone bridge – Ponte dei Salti (Jumping Bridge) -is a pedestrian bridge over Verzasca in Lavertezzo- was built in the 17th century and is one of the most characteristic landmarks of the village.
Thanks to its clear, emerald green waters, the Verzasca River is very famous and popular.Particularly famous are those of Lavertezzo, where the Roman bridge with its double arch (Ponte dei salti) is reflected in the green water,
Access : Coordinates: 46.25, 8.833333 / Get to Lavertezzo: Locarno, Stazione ⇒ Lavertezzo, Monda: direct bus 321, Arcobaleno Individual Ticket 4 Zones – CHF 9.40,
travel time 42 – 44 min.
- The stone bridge with two arches was built in the 17th century. It is a protected cultural asset of regional importance.
- In 2016, Switzerland Post dedicated a two franc postage stamp to this famous bridge, which was designed by Urs Schupbach and Kaspar Eigenatz.
- The Verzasca river rises on the peaks above Sonogno and flows down the valley of the same name to Corippo, where it flows into the reservoir.
- When the calmer waters become inviting open-air pools, the banks, especially in the Lavertezzo area, fill with bathers.
- A paradise for divers, the river and its tributaries are ideal for sports such as Canyoning and kayaking.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking, Some of them then hike along one of the trails starting from Ponte dei Salti / Discover the quaint villages / water activities
/ picnics and swimming / Bungy Jumping.
Go next : village of Lavertezzo / The industrial village of Riazzino is located more than 10 km from Lavertezzo on the Magadin Plain / Corippo, which lies on the mountain slope, is a small village of great architectural value / walk to another architectural gem of Lavertezzo – the church of Beata Vergine degli Angeli./ A funicular connects the center of Locarno with the Sanctuary of Madonna del Sasso,The cable car has been operating since 1906.