Folly Beach is a city located on Folly Island in Charleston County, South Carolina, United States.
The beach is a popular surf spot and the city is a popular beach destination for residents and visitors with many cozy beach huts. Folly is the closest beach in downtown Charleston and a Mecca for surfers, fishermen and all those who love the laid back beach life. Folly Beach, called the ‘Edge of America’
Access : Coordinates: 32.666111, -79.939167 / By car : Folly Beach is at the end of State Road 171, barely 10 miles south of Charleston. From Charleston, take the James Island Expressway (State Road 30) or US 17 South to Folly Road (SR 171) and head south. Once in town, Parking is available for a fee at city-owned beachfront lots along the island . By bus : From Calhoun St / St Philip St , Charleston Line 31 bus , 35m / By plane : Charleston International Airport is well connected to the major East Coast airports (New York, Baltimore, Washington, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Miami), but also to Atlanta. Lufthansa offers a direct flight from Munich.
- Folly Beach Public Beach , Arctic Ave., Folly Beach, SC 29439 / Folly Beach Fishing Pier , 101 East Arctic Avenue, Folly Beach, SC 29439 Open : 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Morris Island Lighthouse , The lighthouse can be accessed via the Lighthouse Inlet at the end of East Ashley Avenue , viewable from the scenic beach
- Folly Beach County Park , 1100 W Ashley AVE, Folly Beach, SC 29439
- Folly River Park , includes a public dock, which will allow residents and visitors to fish
- McLeod Plantation Historic Site , 325 Country Club Drive
Charleston, SC 29412 Hours Tues – Sun, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. , Admission $15 Ages 13 & up
Activities : Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Tour / Magnolia Plantation Tour with Transportation from Charleston / Schooner Sailing Cruise on Charleston Harbor /
Folly Creek Kayak Tour / Morris Island Lighthouse Tour / Fields Fishing Charters / surf lessons / Coastal Expeditions / Paddleboard / Sailing / bicycle rental / Beach Photography / kitesurfing / Shop and dine
Events : Sea & Sand festival , September 21, 2019 / Follypalooza ,October 12, 2019 / the Folly jazz festival , Fall 2019 / Christmas Parade , December 2019 /
New year’s eve Flip-Flop drop , December 31, 2019 / Bill Murray polar plunge January 1, 2020 / taste of Folly , January 2020