Sullivan Island is a city and island in Charleston, South Carolina, USA, at the entrance to Charleston Harbor, with a population of 1,791 at the 2010 census.
During the US War of Independence, the island was the site of a major battle for Fort Sullivan on June 28, 1776, and has since been called Fort Moultrie in honor of the commander of the American side in that battle. Sullivan’s Island is a city known primarily for its beach, which is connected to the beach of the Isle of Palms. It’s usually far fewer people than the Isle of Palms beach, which is usually busy . The beach is very wide and ideal for cycling and hiking.
Access : Coordinates: 32.763333, -79.837778 / By car : From I-526 towards Mount Pleasant, continue until the interstate turns into Chuck Dawley Blvd / By air
The closest airport is Charleston International Airport .CHS .
- Fort Moultrie 1214 Middle St, Sullivan’s Island, SC 29482-9748 , Open : 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- The Sullivan’s Island Lighthouse , Station 18 1/2 Street, Sullivan’s Island, SC
- Stella Maris Roman Catholic Church , 1204 Middle St, Sullivan’s Island, SC 29482-9717
- Edgar Allan Poe LIbrary , 1921 Ion Ave, Sullivan’s Island, SC 29482-8720
- Thompson Park ( revolutionary war site ) , on the northeast end of Sullivan’s Island, Sullivan’s Island, SC 29482
- Sullivan’s Island Beach , Atlantic Ave, Sullivan’s Island, SC 29482 , Great wide beach ideal for couples, or children
Activities : Paddleboarding , Paddle the Intracoastal Waterway / Rent a bicycle / Fishing / Sunset Cruise on the Charleston Harbor / Charleston Harbor History Tour / kiteboarding / Charleston Sightseeing Bus Tour / swim at the Wide open beach with lots of room / Sullivan’s Island Nature Trail , Sullivan Island Nature Trail is positioned right off the Atlantic Street on Sullivan Island next to station 16. 650 feet of boardwalk and foot nature trail. /
Go next : Fort Moultrie / Isle of Palms /