Hoor is a town in the Swedish province of Skane County – Sweden and capital of the same municipality. Hoors parish is first mentioned in the 1330s when the name was written “Horgh”In the Palteboken ( The Palteboken is a land book from about 1515 , The manuscript is of great importance for medieval research. ) from the 1510s, 6 farms are mentioned in the church village “Horrie”. 1746 tells that Hoor is the largest village in the parish with its 19 entire homes
Until the opening of the Sodra stambanan railway in 1858, there was only one farmstead. Due to the beautiful location of the place in a trough valley, which is surrounded by several hills, more and more people settled. In addition, day visitors came, so that Hoor developed into a center for leisure-outdoor activities.
In 1882 Hoor was connected with Horby by the opening of the railway Hoor-Horby Jarnvag. This railway line was shut down in 1929, but a bus connection was established. In Hoor stops the regional train Pagatag.
Access : Coordinates:55.936111, 13.547222 / By car you take the E22 ( The European route E22 in Sweden goes between Trelleborg and Norrköping and is a part of the European route E22 ) / By train : The Hoor train station is on the Copenhagen-Stockholm line, Trains also go to Hassleholm and Kalmar station is located on the northern side of the town and a short distance walk into the central square.
Get around : Skånetrafiken operates a bus from Höör to Bosjökloster every 4 hours. Tickets cost 2€ and the journey takes 7m.
- Skanes Djurpark- Swedish zoological park, 150 Jularp, Open : 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, About four kilometers north of the village is the animal park Skanes Djurpark, which specializes in native animals.Skane Djurpark is the world largest animal park with Nordic animals
- Satofta badplats , Lyckovagen 3, Child-friendly bathing area with the opportunity to sunbathe both on sandy beach and on grass.It is easy to get here via the pedestrian and cycle path that runs along the road from the central town.Located at Sätoft lake.
- Minnenas Museum i Hoor , Veterinargatan 5, A family museum – with toys, utensils, cars, motorcycles plus much more! , admissions : Adult: 50 kr open ebery day – 13:00 – 16:00 Sunday Closed
- Explore the typical Scandinavian landscape with the rivers, and lakes by walking and running , In the Fogdarodsskogen there is a marked loop of five kilometers, In addition to the marked loop, there are also some different forest roads that you can walk on in the Fogdarodsskogen.
- Hoor’s church , Hoor’s church was built by Marten stone master in the latter half of the 12th century. Like the cathedral in Lund, it is built with stone from Hoor’s stone forest.
Activities : swimming / cycling / Explore the typical Scandinavian bays / walking and running / skiing / Nature viewing / Scenic Driving- Auto Touring / Country side shopping