Eslov is a city in southern Sweden, the administrative center of the Esljov commune in Skane ( Scania – Sweden ) .
Until the XIX century is known as a village. In 1856, a station was opened in Eslove on the railway connecting Stockholm and Malmo. In the 1860s, with the development of the railway network, the station became a junction, from which trains travel in six directions. The population began to grow, After the administrative reform of 1971, Esljov became the center of the Esljov commune, in which, by 2018, more than 30,000 people live.
The city has its own airfield, originally used for mail delivery, and during the Second World War – as a military training base. At the present time there are private hangars and a parachute club.
Access : Coordinates: 55.839167, 13.303889 / by plane: For the arrival and departure to Eslov an airplane can be offered. The nearest airport is “Malmo-Sturup Airport”. In the foyer you can also find a taxi with driver or a rental car for the trip to the destination. Alternative airports in the area: * Malmo-Sturup Airport (IATA: MMX), 33.44 km
* Kastrup Airport (IATA: CPH), 47.65 km * Angelholm-Helsingborg Airport (IATA: AGH), 58.15 km
Arriving by train: train stations in the area: Stavieby, 16.84 km
Get around : Within the urban area there are three city bus lines, of which two lines with 20 minutes traffic and one line with 30 minutes traffic. Eslov also has very good connections with both train and regional bus.
- Skarhults slott- Skarhult’s castle – , Eslov 241 93, Skarhult’s castle is a castle in Skarhult’s parish in the municipality of Eslov. Skarhult is located at Braan about 15 km northeast of Lund. Since 2014, cultural history exhibitions with various themes are arranged in some of the castle in the summer.
- Ellinge Slott -Ellinge Castle- , Ellinge Gard, Eslov 241 93, Ellinge Castle is a castle in the village of Ellinge in Vastra Sallerups parish in the municipality of Eslov. It is located about 4 kilometers southwest of Eslov.
- Medborgarhuset ,29 Soedergatan, Eslov 241 30 ,- citizen’s house- A building that is used as a culture but an asset for meetings and education. Culinary tour for everyone and exhibitions. The house itself has an intresan architecture.
- Eslovs Leksaksmuseum , 25 Kvarngatan, Eslov 241 38, small toy museum . It has some well-organised and complete collections of Lego, snow globes, Barbie dolls, movie and television merchandise and miniature trains.
Activities : Golfing , / Canoe center in Stockamollan / weekends in nature / Holidays at the lake / Cycling through the flat scenery.