The Good Shepherd Church is a church on the shores of Lake Tekapo, on the South Island of New Zealand.
The church was designed by R.S.D Harman , a Christchurch architect based on Esther Hope’s sketches and it was built in 1935. It has a capacity of 85 people. Although owned by the Anglican Church, it is available to the Methodist and Presbyterian Churches.
The church is considered one of the most photographed buildings in New Zealand. In 2002 it was inscribed on the New Zealand Historic Heritage List.
Access : Coordinates: -44.003333, 170.4825 / The Church of the Good Shepherd is located on the southern tip of Lake Tekapo.
- The Church of the Good Shepherd is interdenominational and holds services regularly throughout the year.
- Between November and December, the shores of Lake Tekapo are especially beautiful. At this time, Russell’s Lupins begin to bloom here, which spread like multi-colored carpets along highways and cover most of the coast.
- The Church of the Good Shepherd is located in the small town of Lake Tekapo, located on the southern tip of Lake Tekapo, New Zealand.
- The most photographed in New Zealand : The view through the window at the altar shows a chain of snow-capped Alpine peaks above the bright blue lake. Next to the church is probably the most photographed spot in New Zealand.
Go next : Lake Tekapo , a lakeside resort village in the Mackenzie Country / A visit to the observatory on Mount John, directly on the lake, is recommended.