“Heaven’s Door “Or the cave” Tianmen “(Tianmen Cave) , is a huge natural arch in the karst rocks of Tianmen Mountain or Tianmen Shan ,Just eight kilometers south of the city of Zhangjiajie (China) in the northwest of Hunan province, in the Tianmen Mountain National Park.
The Heaven’s Door Arch or Tianmen Cave was formed after an earthquake that occurred in 263 AD. e, then a huge piece of rock broke off and fell off the mountain then called Songlian, after this event it was renamed Tianmen.
There are 999 steps ( the “Stairway to Heaven” ) leading to the “Gate of Heaven” which is a 30m opening between two peaks. Tienmen is considered one of the most beautiful mountains in the world.
Mount Tianmen is a mountain located in China, in the northwest of Hunan province, in the Tianmen Mountain National Park.
Access : Coordinates: / Location: South of Zhangjiajie City, NOT in the National Park (The Park is located north of Zhangjiajie City).
- The resulting arch “Heavenly Gate” was measured and it is known that its length is 60 meters, width – about 57 meters, and height 131 and a half meters.
- You can climb to the top of Tianmen Mountain in several ways, the first is the easiest and fastest of all, but for this you have to climb and ride the world’s longest cable car, the length of which is 7455 m, it even got into the Guinness Book of Records due to its length.
- There is also an important Buddhist temple at the top, accessible by a path or a chairlift. The original temple dates from the Tang Dynasty. Nowadays, a more recent construction in the style of the same Tang dynasty occupies the site.
- In China, Tianmen Mountain is a sacred place and is shrouded in multiple legends, the Chinese believe that it has tremendous power to influence people and predict significant events in the country.
- The Huffington Post in 2013 cites the stairs to the Heaven’s Door as “the most extreme stairs in the world”.
- Things to do: Hiking, hiking, cable car, photography, spectacular scenery
- Opening hours: from 8:00 to 16:00/Entrance fee: March – November: 258 RMB; December-February: 225 RMB.
Go next : 99 turns road, the highest glass bridge in the world, as well as one of the longest cable cars, annually attract a huge number of travelers from all over the world.