Pokhara is a city on the shores of Phewa Lake in Kaski district in the Gorkha region of in central Nepal.
Pokhara is a center of high tourist importance and has numerous accommodation facilities thanks to its location close to numerous trekking routes including the Annapurna Circuit.
Pokhara is also famous for paragliding which in recent years has achieved international fame for the great scenery that accompanies flights in front of the Himalayan chain. Rafting is practiced in the Trishuli river that crosses it.
Currently The city is one of Nepal’s most popular tourist destinations.
Access : Coordinates: 28.208333, 83.988889 /
Highlights & Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in The Pokhara :
- The city has a tourist area called Lakeside, located directly along Lake Phewa. Hotels, restaurants, and companies serving the needs of tourists are concentrated in the area.
- The city is also home to many paragliding clubs, the top of Sarangkot is 30 minutes away from the city, from where most of the flights take place, both solo pilots and tandems.
- The main attraction of Pokhara is undoubtedly the stunning view of the Himalayas, or rather the panorama of the legendary Annapurna range.
- Pokara is above all the starting or finishing point for treks to the Annapurnas.
- The most famous place in Pokhara is the bazaar, which stretches for almost seven kilometers.
- Top sights in Pokhara : Fewa Lake / International Mountain Museum / Mahendra Caves / Devisa Falls / Gurkha Museum / World Peace Pagoda / Sarangkot. Cable car / Kahun Dharahara , a hill close to the city with a view tower / Bat Cave / Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave / Gurkha Memorial Museum.
Go next : Annapurna , a mountain range in the Himalayas. The national park has several hiking routes that are world famous. The longest of these routes is the Annapurna Trek.