Rue de l’Abreuvoir is a picturesque street located in the Grandes-Carrieres district of the 18th arrondissement of Paris,France.
Rue de l’Abreuvoir is one of the oldest and most historic streets in Paris…In Montmartre,The road was first mentioned as early as 1325 when it was known as ‘ruelle qui va au but’.
In 1843, its name was “chemin de l’Abreuvoir”. The bottom of the street ends in a cul-de-sac in front of buildings – this is where the watering hole used to be – while part of the street climbs towards Piazza Dalida.
It owes its name to the fact that it drove to the old watering hole of Montmartre.As well-known buildings is the Maison Rose. Today Rue de l’Abreuvoir, it’s still one of Paris’s cutest streets and one of the most popular spots in Montmartre.
Access : Coordinates:48° 53′ 18″ N, 2° 20′ 20″ E / You can get to Rue de L’Abreuvoir by Metro, Bus, Train, Light Rail or RER. On-street parking , Rue de l’Abreuvoir – is situated in a free parking zone.
- The Maison Rose represented by many painters, including Utrillo. La Maison Rose been serving coffee and food for over a century to local residents and artists who choose Montmartre as their home.Maison Rose is Famous for having inspired a painting by Utrillo and it seems that it was frequented by Picasso and other artists.
- “The little pink house” – La Maison Rose, painted by Utrillo at the beginning. It was the sale of this painting in 1919 that made the painter famous.
- Statue of Dalida in Dalida square and rue de l’Abreuvoir.Place Dalida is a place in Montmartre, in the 18th arrondissement of Paris.This square was named in honor of the singer Dalida (1933-1987) who lived in rue d’Orchampt.
- Movies Filmed at Rue de l’Abreuvoir : No 18, rue de l’Abreuvoir (place Dalida): filming location for Patate, a film by Robert Thomas (1964) with Pierre Dux, Danielle Darrieux and Jean Marais.
- Montmartre is a district of Paris , dominated by the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. Since the 19th century, it has welcomed many artists such as Picasso or Modigliani and has become the symbol of a bohemian way of life.
- At the intersection of rue Girardon and rue de l’Abreuvoir, there is a paved basin facing Place Dalida. This is the old watering hole in the village of Montmartre.
Activities : Sightseeing / photo opportunities / walking through the narrow winding cobblestone streets.
Go next : Explore Montmartre in Paris : rue Cortot , the famous Sacre-Coeur Basilica.. Place du Tertre, which is a famous cobblestone square that was once and still is the gathering place for young artists.