Whitehaven Beach is a beach on the east coast of Australia’s Whitsunday Island.
Whitehaven Beach is located off the east coast of Australia in the state of Queensland on Whitsunday Island and is best reached from Hamilton Island or Airlie Beach. The beach is located on the east coast of the island and extends over a length of eight kilometers.
Unlike most beaches in the world, the sand here is 98% pure silica, which gives it its snow-white color. But this sand has other unique properties as well. Its fraction is finer than that of ordinary sand, which is composed of various minerals. This makes the white sand softer and more velvety. In addition, silica does not retain heat, so the sand does not heat up in the summer sun. This makes the beach an ideal place to relax and sunbathe!
Despite the fact that it looks like a pristine, untouched piece of nature, it still has everything you need for a comfortable stay: camping and even a barbecue.
This small but award-winning beach is renowned for its impeccable reputation,it is considered to be one of the whitest beaches in the world, it is famous for its crisp white sand and turquoise waters, appreciated by tourists who are numerous to go there by boat,Whitehaven Beach is one of the popular holiday destinations for Australians.
Access : Coordinates: -20.278611, 149.036389 / Whitehaven Beach is located off the east coast of Australia in the state of Queensland on Whitsunday Island and is best reached from Hamilton Island or Airlie Beach.
- The whole island is a national park. Except for a camping arena in the southern part of the island.
- There is no building on the island, but there are boats that come daily from the mainland.
- The beach was named one of the world’s best eco-friendly beaches by CNN.com
- Whitehaven Beach has won many awards, including“ cleanest beach in Queensland ”as well as national awards for recycling and environmental protection. Visitors are limited by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and you have to register with a tour guide for access. ”
- Whitehaven Beach appears in particular in the film Pirates of the Caribbean: La Vengeance de Salaza.
- Several sailing trips are offered from Airlie Beach to the Whitsunday Islands, generally including Whitehaven Beach.
- In 2017, TripAdvisor named it the best beach in the South Pacific.
- You cannot smoke here and bring dogs with you, because this can spoil the surrounding beauty.
Go next : At the northern end of Whitehaven Beach is the Whitsunday Islands National Park / The Great Barrier Reef.