The Lindau Lighthouse is the southernmost lighthouse in Germany, at Lindau ,a town and island on the eastern side of Lake Constance,in Germany.
The lighthouse was built from 1853 to 1856 on the western mole at the entrance to the Lindau harbor and was first lit on October 4, 1856. The light station at the Mangturm tower from 1230 was achieved.
Since 1936, the tower has been electrically operated and was automated in the early 1990s. The ships turn on the light on demand using radio signals.
The lighthouse is open to visitors who can find information about the local fauna and flora and on shipping on Lake Constance, together with the six meter high Bavarian lion at the end of the east mole, it is a landmark and one of the most popular photo spots in Lindau.
Access : Coordinates: 47.542972, 9.683583 / Location : Lindau, Lake Constance ,Germany
- Lindau am Bodensee is a German city , in the state of Bavaria.The Lindau lighthouse on Lake Constance is the only lighthouse in Bavaria.
- Lake Constance is a set of several bodies of water located north of the Alps, on the border between Germany, Switzerland and Austria, fed mainly by the Rhine.
Go next : The church of St. Stephen, built around 1180 and renovated in 1782. / The church of St. Peter.